Windows 10: How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

Discus and support How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A fews days before i terminated the main microsoft account i had been using till now as i wanted to replace it with a new one. But when i googled how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chirag Aggarwal, Sep 23, 2022.

1. How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

A fews days before i terminated the main microsoft account i had been using till now as i wanted to replace it with a new one. But when i googled how to remove the account from windows.... it says "to click on manage button". And when i click on it , it says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account". Basically i am stuck where a ghost terminated account is fixed on my windows

:)

Chirag Aggarwal, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows :(

Zakin, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

1. How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows - Similar Threads - remove terminated microsoft

2. How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows: A fews days before i terminated the main microsoft account i had been using till now as i wanted to replace it with a new one. But when i googled how to remove the account from windows.... it says "to click on manage button". And when i click on it , it says "That Microsoft...
  3. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  4. How to remove Microsoft account from Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Microsoft account from Window 10: My problem is i cannot remove my microsoft account/administrator account from windows 10. Plus Windows is asking me for a password that i never asked for it to ask me. I know it's not a virus because i know the password but i never asked for any password to be setup or be...
  5. how to remove microsoft account from windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to remove microsoft account from windows 10: how to remove microsoft account from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-microsoft-account-from-windows-10/d6e8bbfe-7ef1-4ca8-86db-3bd55ac5c6fd
  6. How to remove computers from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove computers from Microsoft account: I am showing 4 or 5 computers in my Microsoft account How do I remove the ones I don't have anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-computers-from-microsoft-account/93cd67bf-1c4e-4ac9-ab23-9b23969b73a3
  7. Removing Microsoft Account from Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Account from Windows: Hey guys, My friend signed into his account on word to access his google drive but wound up signing into microsoft account on my laptop (if that makes any sense). His email address is now shown as the administrator of my laptop. When I go to Settings to "Accounts used by...
  8. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I am selecting to remove all settings and files, however, windows 10 installs with sync ON by default. And it's loading ALL of...
  9. Remove Microsoft Account from Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from Windows: I have read all of the previous posts and they all say to select the account and click "delete". I am trying to remove my former (no longer active), Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I am not given that option. All it shows for either account (one personal and one old work...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040