Windows 10: How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

Discus and support How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have an unknow account in my family group. I do not know how long its been there; when I attempt to remove it I get this message "Family members... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brianna_Sig, Jun 5, 2023.

1. How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

I have an unknow account in my family group. I do not know how long its been there; when I attempt to remove it I get this message "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for audrey can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted audrey consent to remove audrey from the family group." This account I have only had myself on Family organizer snice 2016 , so I assume its been hacked so I changed the password and checked everything. I only use this account for access to computers and is linked t

:)

Brianna_Sig, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Amaira M, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Amaira M Win User

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Jun 5, 2023
  4. How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

1. How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give... - Similar Threads - remove unknow child

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group: We have 2 accounts setup for a child in our Family group and are not sure how this has happened. We are trying to remove the duplicate account but get a message saying:Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that...
  4. Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group: We have 2 accounts setup for a child in our Family group and are not sure how this has happened. We are trying to remove the duplicate account but get a message saying:Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that...
  5. Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group

6. How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...: I have an unknow account in my family group. I do not know how long its been there; when I attempt to remove it I get this message "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for audrey can remove...
  7. How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...

How to remove a unknow child account from my family group when it claims I did not give...: I have an unknow account in my family group. I do not know how long its been there; when I attempt to remove it I get this message "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for audrey can remove...
  8. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  9. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  10. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security