Windows 10: How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup.

Discus and support How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the PC I am using on startup I get a pretty picture as do we all, however when Windows 10 self installed it self on on this PC I had no option but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billz, Jan 30, 2017.

1. billz Win User

How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup.

On the PC I am using on startup I get a pretty picture as do we all, however when Windows 10 self installed it self on on this PC I had no option but to keep it and learn how to live with it. The picture that indicates almost ready to go, with Welcom and a Name that in past computers indicated a name for the Computer lets say it's y.
    Now all I have to do is to click in the centre of the picture and it dissapears, or if stubborn left click and start to lift it as if a big icon on the Desktop underneath with an array of folders and icons such as Google, word etc. to start whatever.
    On an ACER laptop I have spent most of today on setting it up for a handicapped son, This took several hours alone just to load Windows 10, updates and all. never mind an earlier problem with word 2007, sorted here,Thank you again.
    Now I've finished with Google Chrome as the same Browser as on this computer here, to keep life simple. I now find I have self induced some how an unwanted, and unneeded security interface on my son's laptop that has to be satisfied every time his computer is started to open the security screen however pretty the picture and any problem, it could be as simple as the Caps lock accicdently wrong. and more to the point has to have this second computer to sort it out to receive email from Microsoft account team and reset a completely different password for my handicapped son to access his You Tube music or cartoons. I have other things to do and he can become extremely frustrated being severely autistic because he cannot eventually receive emails to open the security screen. He is liable to throw the laptop out the window.
    So Microsoft Account team I need your help., also it displays my email address axcross the security picture instead of a simple Word such as y. This could be the Name of my son. It serves no purpose other than a salutation Welcome y.

:)

billz, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender shows yellow triangle briefly when I sign in

I see the same thing occasionally. Once the green check mark appears it means Defender is loaded and working properly.

I’ve never been concerned about it.

You might check the startup menu for any unneeded items running in the background that can be disabled/removed from startup.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

You may want to review

https://www.winhelp.us/configure-windows-defender-security-center.html
    Good information but ignore the ads.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Jan 30, 2017
  3. Billyls Win User
    How to remove unneeded folders from Windows 10 Explorer?

• Now change the Ownership of shellfolder key.Can be done by right-click on it and select "Permissions..." option.It'll open a new dialog box. Click on "Advanced" button.
    • Click on "Change" button near "System"
    • It'll open new dialog box. Now type your username and click on "Check Names" button. It'll automatically convert the username to correct format.
    • Now select your username in first dialog box and check the "Allow" checkbox given for "Full Control" option.
    Now you'll need to change value of Attributes DWORD present in the right-side section.

double-click on Attributes DWORD given in right-side section and change its value to
    b094010c

Restart, log off or restart Explorer for changes to take effect.

Would be much easier to have a menu to accomplish this task, but I thank you very much for your prompt replies.

Billyls, Jan 30, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jan 30, 2017
  5. billz Win User
    Thank you NavyLtCmdr for your help I am sure this will help me.
    Regards

billz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup. - Similar Threads - remove unneeded security

2. windows security startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security startup: Hello,On every startup my windows security says that virus and threat protection is geting info and it takes a long time, but on an another computer it doesnt.Does anyone know why its alwasys getting protection info and why it takes so long?...
  3. windows security startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security startup: Hello,On every startup my windows security says that virus and threat protection is geting info and it takes a long time, but on an another computer it doesnt.Does anyone know why its alwasys getting protection info and why it takes so long?...
  4. Can't remove unneeded languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove unneeded languages: Hello, I have been trying to remove the German and English Zimbabwe languages from my keyboard input, but I cant find where. I've tried several suggestions that I found on this website but nothing worked. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Removing various unneeded applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing various unneeded applications: After scouring the net - I notice there is no way to remove some of the more pointless features in Windows 10. Why is this ? I do not need/use skype/meet now or any of that pointless rubbish. I do not use the Microsoft Store. In fact, I don't even need the terrible...
  6. Powershell on startup, how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell on startup, how to remove it?: How can I remove powershell from starting with windows 10? There's nothing at startup to remove it and checked with ccleaner. I also put like some scripts to remove windows defender is it why? How can I remove it so it doesn't open ever again? submitted by /u/krisstijannn...
  7. removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

in Cortana
    removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10: How do I remove the XBOX apps that came pre-installed, since I do not and never will use them. Also, how do I remove the useless, pointless spyware called Cortana?...
  8. How to remove password at startup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove password at startup?: Everytime I turn on my PC, I get to a login screen, and either have to type in a password or a pin to login to my PC. I have already tried using netplwiz using Command Prompt with administrative privileges, with "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"...
  9. How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?: Windows 10 comes with a bunch of programs I don't need (at all) - agenda (I use Outlook 2013) - Mail (I use Outlook) - Films and TV (not interested) How could they be completely uninstalled? They might not take up a lot of space, but I don't need them. Thanks in...
  10. Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two updates appeared in the Windows Update dialog that will not install, nor can I remove them. Is there a way to get rid of...