Windows 10: How to remove account from email and app accounts

Discus and support How to remove account from email and app accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MSUserDK4700, Aug 7, 2019.

1. How to remove account from email and app accounts

Hi,

One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019.

The problem is, she can no longer log into her office programs. It only asks for an emailadress, but never a password (because of the "allow my organization to manage my device thing). I can log in with other accounts just fine.

I found the account in "email and app accounts" in Windows 10 settings, but it can't be removed, only option is "Manage". From there I clicked "Sign out from all devices" and that didn't do anything...

How do I remove it from windows 10 settings? Is it somewhere in Azure Ad settings?

Sincerely

Rasmus

:)

MSUserDK4700, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 7, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 7, 2019
  4. How to remove account from email and app accounts

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

How to remove account from email and app accounts

1. How to remove account from email and app accounts - Similar Threads - remove account email

2. How to remove email from user1 account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email from user1 account: Figured it out, but see no way to delete this post I just did. Sorry for any confusion! 170292
  3. How to remove an "email account" from laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an "email account" from laptop: I am trying to remove an account from my laptop. To specify, this is NOT a user account that is used to log in when switching on and signing in This is one of the accounts when you go in to settings - emails and accounts - and then accounts used by other apps. I used to...
  4. Removing an inaccessible email account from "Accounts used by other apps"

Removing an inaccessible email account from "Accounts used by other apps": Windows always sends me notifications about problems related to a work/school account. This is related to the fact that I linked my former school account to use Microsoft Word, and that email has long since been deleted. This means I can't access the account to manage and...
  5. Remove account from Email & Accounts setting

Remove account from Email & Accounts setting: When I am under Settings > Accounts > Email $ Accounts, there is an account under 'Accounts used by other apps' that does not give me the option to remove. I am using the administrator account on this PC. My only option when clicking the account that I want to remove is...
  6. How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?: Windows 10 deceived me and told me i had a problem about my accounts, i clicked there to solve the problem and see what could be and linked my hotmail account to my computer without permission, i tried to remove it clicking in my account, edit and then there is not remove...
  7. Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account)

Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account): I had previously logged in to my work OneDrive account on my personal computer. I have now left the company and my account (Office365) has now been closed on their end but I constantly get issue notifications that there is a problem with my account but I can't seem to remove...
  8. Removing Default email address from Email & Apps accounts

Removing Default email address from Email & Apps accounts: Hello, my situation ... I have a Windows10 - Machine and the Logon is done by a local Account ... "ZZZ-SSW-TEST-04\local_admin" Since a long time I also bound the Live-ID "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" to the machine. The Live-ID cannot be remove cause...
  9. Removing Email & App account that was removed from teh server

Removing Email & App account that was removed from teh server: Our system Admin initially created my account with a misspelling in the email address. he then created a correct account and deleted the misspelled email account. I deleted the misspelled account in my outlook. But Windows still lists the misspelled account in Settings ->...
  10. How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com: Under Windows 10, how do I remove an email account from Outlook.com? The account is the only one there and it is the address I used when I set up my Microsoft Account. I am having trouble and would like to start all over. Thank you. 23185