Windows 10: How to remove Adaware Antivirus

Discus and support How to remove Adaware Antivirus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried every which way to get rid of Adaware Antivirus but they seem to have implanted a computer hijack feature into the program. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdSchumacher, Nov 24, 2019.

1. How to remove Adaware Antivirus

I've tried every which way to get rid of Adaware Antivirus but they seem to have implanted a computer hijack feature into the program. Does anyone have a way to uninstall this malicious software?

:)

EdSchumacher, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

AdAware removal HELP!!

We suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Click this
    link
    and find out how.

Once done with this, try to uninstall the AdAware Antivirus.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Nov 24, 2019
  3. AdAware removal HELP!!

Hi Larry -

You're right to uninstall AdAware which isn't recommended by any experts that I've seen anywhere. What works best for Windows is to use built-in Defender which should take over once you get AdAware uninstalled. If not you can turn it on in Settings>Update
    and Security>Defender.

To uninstall AdAware first follow these steps to shut down Windows Installer so it won't error that another program is being uninstalled:

Right click task bar to open Task Manager. If necessary show More Details

On Details tab look for msiexec.exe, highlight to End Task.

Now try uninstall again.

If this doesn’t help you can try to Fix problems that block programs
    from being installed or removed

This can be symptomatic of corruption. I would go over the integrity of your install by working through the steps for
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community which
    also has the best solutions for system protection and maintenance.

Feel free to ask back any questions, or report back results as you go.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Anna Bon Win User

How to remove Adaware Antivirus

AdAware removal HELP!!

Since the first option did not work, we suggest that you try the steps provided below:

1. Click the Start button on your computer (left-hand side of the screen).

2. Click Control Panel in the Start Menu.

3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs / Click Programs, and then click
    Programs and Features. Select Ad-Aware Antivirus from the list and then click
    Uninstall. Alternatively, click Change and, with the dialog box displayed, select
    Remove Ad-Aware.

4. With the dialog box displayed, click Remove to proceed.

5. On the screen that displays, two options are available and selected by default:
    Turn on Windows Defender, Turn on Windows Firewall.
    If you do not want to turn on Windows Defender and/or Windows Firewall, click
    Skip
    , or do not select the corresponding check box(es), and then click
    Next.

6. With the message box displayed, confirm your decision to uninstall the program by clicking
    Yes.

7. You can see the uninstalling process in progress.

8. To complete the uninstalling process, click Reboot Now.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

How to remove Adaware Antivirus

1. How to remove Adaware Antivirus - Similar Threads - remove Adaware Antivirus

2. adaware related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adaware related: Can you tell me what is adaware when I search adaware in file explorer I found some files but after sometime it automatically delete.Does this any system file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaware-related/10ef3a18-3140-4b4b-b851-cbc06c492728
  3. adaware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adaware related: Can you tell me what is adaware when I search adaware in file explorer I found some files but after sometime it automatically delete.Does this any system file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaware-related/10ef3a18-3140-4b4b-b851-cbc06c492728
  4. Adaware Free Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adaware Free Antivirus: Do you know about adaware antivirus? If after I install adaware free antivirus, is real-time protection enabled blocks my genshin impact game files and makes my genshin launcher can't launched in my external disk?...
  5. How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!

How to remove malware with Avast free antivirus!: So first download Avast free antivirus and the download link is in the bottom of the discussion and then you can get started and then when the setup is done and then you can run your first scan and then if the malware is not gone run a full computer scan and if the malware is...
  6. Uninstalling adaware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling adaware: Am trying to uninstall adaware. It first said another program was running. Booted in safe mode. Now it says repair error. Adaware anti-virus has encountered an error while uninstalling the program. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please close the program and try to...
  7. Removing antivirus such as AVG

Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  8. i cant uninstall the adaware antivirus

i cant uninstall the adaware antivirus: hi please i cannot uninstall the adaware antivirus software on my system. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-the-adaware-antivirus/bee269b6-94be-49ac-9172-9da017d6e16a
  9. How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender

How to Remove My Antivirus and use Windows Defender: For years I an using Windows Defender and do not want to install any other software. While installing an app AVEST was suddenly installed. I am trying to delete. As soon as I click on Administer permission An AVEST,page opens asking to repair or update program , and it is...
  10. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...