Windows 10: How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2

Discus and support How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently thought I would try to set up a local account login, but it didn't work as expected. Now I have the one user account with two separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by truesoldier1973, Feb 14, 2021.

1. How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2

I recently thought I would try to set up a local account login, but it didn't work as expected. Now I have the one user account with two separate logins, the local name and my Microsoft account name. I am wanting to remove the local name login and just continue to use my Microsoft account to login, but cannot find anyway to fix it. Any help would be great.

:)

truesoldier1973, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 14, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 14, 2021
  4. How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2

1. How to remove advanced user profile settings from a user account Win10 Home 20H2 - Similar Threads - remove advanced user

2. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  3. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  4. Users advanced security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  5. Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reinstalling Win10 needed after removing User Profile and Account?: Suppose I wanted to remove a User Profile and then also remove that User's account, do I also need to reinstall Windows 10 to ensure ALL of the old user's data gets removed? 167299
  6. How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine: Hi, I have just set up a new user here in the office and configured her laptop with all the software access she requires. I've also set her up on the local domain and she has an account. I have made sure she has Administrator rights. Anyway as I worked through her laptop...
  7. How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile: I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc. This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and...
  8. changing user profile name account in win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing user profile name account in win10: any easy way to change user profile name under C/users/name i can change name which shows once booting to windows but C/users/name stays the same... thank you...
  9. user profile Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  10. Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?: My goal is to set up permissions on a user account profile to be readable by another user. I'm setting up such scheme for an automated backup purpose. So, say I have two standard user accounts -- User A that is a general user of the system, whose data will be backed up:...