Windows 10: How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a very important software product which now only works in Windows safe mode. In normal mode, the product cannot login to its server.So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDYOUNG77, May 28, 2023.

1. JDYOUNG77 Win User

How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

Hi,I have a very important software product which now only works in Windows safe mode. In normal mode, the product cannot login to its server.So, I suspect that a non-Windows driver is a culprit. Resting my Windows does not help. To avoid purchasing a new machine, my last hope is to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Can someone kindly guide me how to do that? After removal, I can reinstall these drivers via the manufacturer's website only on a need basis.Tony

:)

JDYOUNG77, May 28, 2023

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 28, 2023
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 28, 2023
  4. How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

REMOVE PRE INSTALLED W10

First of all, uninstalling the OS to downgrade to a previous version will mean that you have to format your OS partition at least. If you only have one partition on your hard drive then you will loose everything you have on it that is not backed up.

Second I'd advise you to read this:
    https://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=X3mXFm6H81d

As you will have read above, you need to obtain an OEM media from the manufacturer of your computer. You will need to contact them to get such a media and to verify support for the version of Windows you want to run. It is unlikely that they will have a
    pre-built image for Windows 7 for your device (that you can install and configure everything easily) so the process will have to be fairly manual and will typically involve:

• Obtain the install media (USB, CD, etc.) for Windows 7
    • Download all drivers for your PC for that version of Windows
    • Boot your computer using the media from step 1 and use it to format your hard drive and install Windows
    • Manually install all the drivers from step 2

Unless you're comfortable with removing the OS from your machine and installing a new one from scratch I would not advise you to follow that path.

Paulo Reichert, May 28, 2023
Thema:

How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

1. How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - remove manufacturer pre

2. How to do a fresh Windows 10 installation that removes all pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a fresh Windows 10 installation that removes all pre-installed apps?: I downloaded OS10 from Windows website creating tool, re-installed OS yet still got those apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-fresh-windows-10-installation-that/67879ab2-5366-443e-990d-7be49eac84d3
  3. How to do a fresh Windows 10 installation that removes all pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to do a fresh Windows 10 installation that removes all pre-installed apps?: I downloaded OS10 from Windows website creating tool, re-installed OS yet still got those apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-a-fresh-windows-10-installation-that/67879ab2-5366-443e-990d-7be49eac84d3
  4. How to do a fresh Windows 10 installation that removes all pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?: Hi,I have a very important software product which now only works in Windows safe mode. In normal mode, the product cannot login to its server.So, I suspect that a non-Windows driver is a culprit. Resting my Windows does not help. To avoid purchasing a new machine, my last...
  6. How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?

How to remove all the manufacturer pre-installed drivers on Windows 10?: Hi,I have a very important software product which now only works in Windows safe mode. In normal mode, the product cannot login to its server.So, I suspect that a non-Windows driver is a culprit. Resting my Windows does not help. To avoid purchasing a new machine, my last...
  7. Windows 10 pre-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  8. Windows 10 pre-installation

Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  9. Pre installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed Windows 10: Pre installed Windows 10 on new laptop. How does one activate these pre loaded features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-windows-10/d06784ce-a929-471a-ac5d-bfa97ab7a2c6
  10. How can I remove Pre-installed McAfee? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove Pre-installed McAfee? Windows 10: It was the late great Robear who was probably the main provider of answers to this question. He helped me in my May 2016 thread here https://tinyurl.com/y925ryg5 My new Lenovo came with McAfee pre-installed - are his procedures still good please? PS Should this be in V&M?...