Windows 10: How to remove all the useless office apps

Discus and support How to remove all the useless office apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have office subscription account provided from university and in the microsoft site i have an option only to download the whole office packet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImTheUnforgiven, Feb 3, 2020.

1. How to remove all the useless office apps

Hi, I have office subscription account provided from university and in the microsoft site i have an option only to download the whole office packet, but it comes with a lot of useless stuff i dont want in my pc, however i only have the option to delete them all as they all come in a pack and dowload together, is there a way to seperate them and delete some of them?

submitted by /u/ImTheUnforgiven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImTheUnforgiven, Feb 3, 2020

2. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  4. How to remove all the useless office apps

Can't remove office start menu item

Hi,

Failure to remove the Office icons on your start menu may indicate a possible corrupted registry. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages when removing/deleting the Office icons?
    • To ensure that we haven't missed out anything, what other troubleshooting steps have your performed to resolve your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you run the SFC and
    DISM
    command to scan and fix any issues related to corrupted registry. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

wiki article

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

How to remove all the useless office apps

1. How to remove all the useless office apps - Similar Threads - remove useless office

2. How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop?: How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-focus-app-and-also-remove-the/1fc3f860-b162-4462-885b-950755ca8ebf
  3. How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop?: How can I remove the Focus app and also remove the useless calendar from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-focus-app-and-also-remove-the/1fc3f860-b162-4462-885b-950755ca8ebf
  4. Can't remove useless keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove useless keyboards: I have had this huge amount of useless keyboard layouts that cause clutter I use Icelandic but the default is Spanish and I can't figure out how to remove the ones I don't need because they're not in the language list in settings. Images for reference. I also couldn't find...
  5. Can't remove useless keyboards

Can't remove useless keyboards: I have had this huge amount of useless keyboard layouts that cause clutter I use Icelandic but the default is Spanish and I can't figure out how to remove the ones I don't need because they're not in the language list in settings. Images for reference. I also couldn't find...
  6. How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars?

How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars?: How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars? They started filling up the Title Bar with the stupid and useless QAT Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 7 and with Windows 10 and now in 11, they went out of scope and took every spot on the Title Bar. I cannot...
  7. How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars?: How do I remove all the new useless trash on my Windows Title Bars? They started filling up the Title Bar with the stupid and useless QAT Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 7 and with Windows 10 and now in 11, they went out of scope and took every spot on the Title Bar. I cannot...
  8. How to remove all microsoft 365 apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all microsoft 365 apps: How do I completely remove office 365. I have uninstalled the office 365 in programs but I still have word, outlook, excel, etc. and I can still open them and am still logged in. I am having issues with outlook and want to completely remove and reinstall all of office...why...
  9. How to remove all microsoft 365 apps

How to remove all microsoft 365 apps: How do I completely remove office 365. I have uninstalled the office 365 in programs but I still have word, outlook, excel, etc. and I can still open them and am still logged in. I am having issues with outlook and want to completely remove and reinstall all of office...why...
  10. Deleting useless apps

Deleting useless apps: My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my laptop might function faster than a brick. When I click the uninstall button on these useless apps, nothing happens. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove useless office apps