Windows 10: How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive?

Discus and support How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using a 2.5" SSD as my boot drive but recently switched to using an m.2 drive. My 2.5" drive is now a storage drive and I want to delete all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theclapperofcheeks, Apr 8, 2020.

1. How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive?

I was using a 2.5" SSD as my boot drive but recently switched to using an m.2 drive. My 2.5" drive is now a storage drive and I want to delete all Windows 10 files from it to save room. Anyone know how I can do that without risking my files/programs? Is it even possible?

submitted by /u/theclapperofcheeks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theclapperofcheeks, Apr 8, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 8, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive?

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive?

1. How to remove all Windows 10 files from storage drive? - Similar Threads - remove files storage

2. How to remove windows from old partition but keep all other files for storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove windows from old partition but keep all other files for storage?: I am upgrading from my SATA HDD to an m.2 NVME. I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the NVME my current motherboard does meet Windows 11 minimum requirements and keep the HDD as a secondary storage drive. Beside Recovery or EFI partitions, both drives are...
  3. How to remove windows from old partition but keep all other files for storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove windows from old partition but keep all other files for storage?: I am upgrading from my SATA HDD to an m.2 NVME. I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the NVME my current motherboard does meet Windows 11 minimum requirements and keep the HDD as a secondary storage drive. Beside Recovery or EFI partitions, both drives are...
  4. How to remove windows from old partition but keep all other files for storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you created a storage pool or upgraded an existing pool on your Windows 10 […] This article How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool: Hello, I'm trying to remove a storage drive from a Microsoft Storage Space pool. It is the only drive in the pool and I did not set the drive up to be in a pool in the first place. Now I'm having issues with some software that is not compatible with storage spaces and...
  7. Help removing drive from storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing drive from storage space: [ATTACH] i've tried multiple thing but i cannot get a bad drive to remove from pool its has 0.01% left on it I'm ok losing that data When trying to remove via the GUI Listing says preparing to remove has been trying to re balance for over a week and wont end what...
  8. How Remove Drive that appears healthy from Storage Space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Remove Drive that appears healthy from Storage Space?: Hard Drive Sentinel has flagged a drive in a storage space as having 10% bad sectors, and estimated to fail soon. When I go into Storage Space Management, I do not see the optin to remove the drive. Is there a way to remove and replace it or do I have to wait for it to...
  9. moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive: Im trying to move some files onto an external storage drive from my windows 10 laptop but the device will not show up with my files at all. It shows up in my settings proving it is there and working with my laptop but I don't know how else to move things onto it from my...
  10. Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you upgraded an existing pool, you'll be able to remove a drive...