Windows 10: How to remove an abysmal earch engine???

Discus and support How to remove an abysmal earch engine??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I inadvertently downloaded a browser called 'checkmyspeednow.com onto my computer, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M201, Apr 18, 2019.

1. M201 Win User

How to remove an abysmal earch engine???

Hi everyone,

I inadvertently downloaded a browser called 'checkmyspeednow.com onto my computer, and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!!!

P.S.--Will resetting my desktop to its original settings solve this issue?

:)

2. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Firefox 55 - how to remove every single search engine?

As far as I know you can't remove all search engines or at least it makes no sense for you because you can fix you problem without removing all search engines.

How to remove the unwanted search entry in the drop-down menu:

1. Go to aboutHow to remove an abysmal earch engine??? :preferences#search
    2. Uncheck Provide search suggestions
    3. Under One-Click Search Engines remove the blue tick symbol for every search engine.

Now it should look like this:

How to remove an abysmal earch engine??? Ud9IZ.png

1. Open about:config
    2. Click on I accept the risk!
    3. Search for keyword
    4. Change the value of keyword.enabled to false by double-clicking on it

Now it should look like this:

How to remove an abysmal earch engine??? 0fUcL.png

1. Now your problem should be fixed

Note: Your Firefox will look a bit different than mine because I use Firefox Nightly.<br>
    Sorry for that.

testeaxeax, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove an abysmal earch engine??? - Similar Threads - remove abysmal earch

2. Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal: Constantly quitting, makes my game incredibly laggy and cuts the recording short!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-screen-recorder-is-abysmal/4b9cd25d-6228-49c8-ae2e-fe3f2d0af350
  3. Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal: Constantly quitting, makes my game incredibly laggy and cuts the recording short!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-screen-recorder-is-abysmal/4b9cd25d-6228-49c8-ae2e-fe3f2d0af350
  4. Phone Link FPS abysmal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link FPS abysmal: Why is the FPS so low for the phone link app? Is it terrible on purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-fps-abysmal/37402a71-fb61-4719-875c-6cecc314ef75
  5. Phone Link FPS abysmal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link FPS abysmal: Why is the FPS so low for the phone link app? Is it terrible on purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-fps-abysmal/37402a71-fb61-4719-875c-6cecc314ef75
  6. How to change search engine

in Cortana
    How to change search engine: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the a**. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  7. How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?: Since i did a reinstall, yahoo has popped up, not by choice as my search engine and I want to remove it. I have trid recommendations and removed under settings but it reappears. . I use Window 10 Pro, with edge as browswer & all security and intelligence up to date. I...
  8. Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow: Hey all, my pc is abysmally slow (18mbps down/ 0 mbps up).. everything was great, but today I switched to fiber with ATT for faster speeds.. is there something in Windows 10 that is a setting where it throttles/bottlenecks the internet speed? I don’t know what would have set...
  9. How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?: My Way (MW) search engine (uninvited) is now on my wife's laptop. Runs Windows 10. How does she remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-way-search-engine-running-windows/63151d17-a5aa-41ce-b0f7-5082c5e66f17"
  10. Multi monitor support is abysmal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi monitor support is abysmal: What is this utter garbage? Once I activate two monitors it's like the third doesn't exist. Even activating the second is a chore as I have to first duplicate and then extend before the third will even become an option. On previous versions, activating monitors was a breeze....