Windows 10: How to remove an account from MAIL?

Discus and support How to remove an account from MAIL? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses. I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shubh Varma, Aug 27, 2020.

1. How to remove an account from MAIL?

I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses.

I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all details about the outlook account.

I don't really know why, I linked my gmail account to it too.

Now my gmail account gets a lot of spam mails so the MAIL app keeps sending me notifications, which is irritating.

How do I remove my gmail account form mail?

:)

Shubh Varma, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Removing email account added to Mail app settings

Hi Robert,

Removing or deleting an email account from the Mail app is possible via the Settings in the Mail app. You can do this by following these steps:

• Click the Gear icon in the lower left corner of the Mail app.
    • Choose Manage Accounts, then choose the account you want to remove.
    • Choose Delete Account.

NOTE: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account
    using another email client or on the web.

Let us know if you have other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to remove an account from MAIL?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to remove an account from MAIL? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

How to remove an account from MAIL?

1. How to remove an account from MAIL? - Similar Threads - remove account MAIL

2. remove school mail account from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove school mail account from my computer: i at some point decided to log in with my school mail to my main pc and i cant find anywhere to remove the account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-school-mail-account-from-my-computer/48b5f44a-e176-41ae-aff4-794ae552a7ea
  3. remove school mail account from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove school mail account from my computer: i at some point decided to log in with my school mail to my main pc and i cant find anywhere to remove the account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-school-mail-account-from-my-computer/48b5f44a-e176-41ae-aff4-794ae552a7ea
  4. How do I remove an e-mail address from my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an e-mail address from my account?: How do I remove an e-mail address from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-e-mail-address-from-my-account/22944ffc-47a2-415e-a5ac-53f00ceb3ea5
  5. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  6. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  7. How do you remove an old email account from mail?

How do you remove an old email account from mail?: It is an old account I no longer have access to and is empty. I have removed it from my profile in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-an-old-email-account-from-mail/22b79b35-df1c-4595-832a-505f9f2634f8
  8. How to remove contacts from Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove contacts from Mail app?: I've synced my contacts with mail, but is only shows a small section of them in contacts. How do I remove unwanted contacts from Mail app? 4390
  9. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....
  10. Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?: Hello, After an upgrade to Windows 10, the accounts from Outlook were added to the Mail App. I don't want to use the Mail App and even though I set notifications to off Windows keeps bugging me about the Mail App. Thus I want to delete these accounts from the Mail App....