Windows 10: How to remove an account from Office applications

Discus and support How to remove an account from Office applications in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello. At work I am logged in for all office applications (Excel, Word, etc) with my company's Microsoft 365 account. At one point I logged in with my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Viatcheslav, Jun 29, 2021.

1. How to remove an account from Office applications

Hello. At work I am logged in for all office applications (Excel, Word, etc) with my company's Microsoft 365 account. At one point I logged in with my home account and it was memorized by Office. Now, all my applications carry both accounts, so I can switch between the two. But I do not have any plans to switch or use my home account at work. How can I delete it? Windows version 21H1 if needed. Excel for Microsoft 365.

:)

Viatcheslav, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

How to remove an account from Office applications

Office 365 subscriptions - On how many devices can Office be installed

A question often asked is "I have an Office 365 subscription, on how many computers can I install Office desktop apps?".

The answer is, it depends on the subscription plan. O365 Personal and O365 Home subscribers can install Office desktop applications on an unlimited number of devices, whereas O365 Business, Enterprise, Education and Government subscriptions allow one user to install Office on maximum five devices.

Office 365 Personal
    • One user with a Microsoft Account
    • Office can be installed on unlimited number of computers (PC and Mac)
    • Maximum 5 computers can be online at the same time
    • Installs can be managed (Office removed from specific computers) on Microsoft Account management page
    Office 365 Home
    • Six users, subscriber with a Microsoft Account can share Office 365 with five additional users
    • Each user can install Office on unlimited number of computers (PC and Mac)
    • Each user can have maximum 5 computers online at the same time
    • Installs can be managed, Office removed from specific computers on Microsoft Account management page
    Office 365 Business
    • One user
    • O365 Business Essentials only contains Office Online apps, no desktop applications
    • O365 Business and Business Essentials, Office applications can be installed on maximum 5 computers
    • Installs can be managed (Office removed from specific computers) on My Account page on Office Portal
    Office 365 Enterprise
    • One user
    • O365 Enterprise Plan E1 only contains Office Online apps, no desktop applications
    • O365 Enterprise Plan E3 and Plan E5, Office applications can be installed on maximum 5 computers
    • Installs can be managed (Office removed from specific computers) on My Account page on Office Portal
    Office 365 Education
    • One user
    • O365 Education Plan AE1 only contains Office Online apps, no desktop applications
    • O365 Enterprise Plan A3 and Plan A5, Office applications can be installed on maximum 5 computers
    Office 365 Government
    • One user
    • O365 Government uses O365 Enterprise plans
    • O365 Enterprise Plan E1 only contains Office Online apps, no desktop applications
    • O365 Enterprise Plan E3 and Plan E5, Office applications can be installed on maximum 5 computers
    Office 365 Pro Plus
    • One user
    • Office applications can be installed on maximum 5 computers

Thema:

How to remove an account from Office applications

1. How to remove an account from Office applications - Similar Threads - remove account Office

2. How to remove minor from an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove minor from an account: Hello,I am the creator of my family account and have one other account associated with it - my daughter's. I am trying to remove the account so I can disband the family and rearrange the family under a joint email with my wife. Every time I try to remove my daughter I get the...
  3. How to remove minor from an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove minor from an account: Hello,I am the creator of my family account and have one other account associated with it - my daughter's. I am trying to remove the account so I can disband the family and rearrange the family under a joint email with my wife. Every time I try to remove my daughter I get the...
  4. How to remove minor from an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove an account from MAIL?

How to remove an account from MAIL?: I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses. I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all details about the outlook account. I don't really know why, I linked my gmail account to it too. Now my gmail account gets...
  6. Remove "Office Home & Student' from my account

Remove "Office Home & Student' from my account: How do I remove "Office Home & Student" from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-office-home-student-from-my-account/adddc827-3067-4de4-8692-80e05f480df7
  7. How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook: There are numerous rubbish folders on Outlook email addresses including 3 RSS Feed folders, they take up a log of room and are just not required. I've looked everywhere I can but even Microsoft (as usual) don't give an answer even though the questioner added at the bottom:...
  8. Remove Office 365 account from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Office 365 account from Windows 10: When I added an Office 365 account to Outlook Windows decided that I must really want that account connected to my PC ac well. I don't. I never said to add it as an account in my Email and Accounts. Now I can't remove it. When ever I go to Email and Accounts in Windows...
  9. How to Remove an account from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove an account from computer: There is a work email account that I used in the past but it is no longer valid (I am not merely not using it, the actual account is no longer valid; it was deleted by the domain owner). However, my computer keeps trying to login to this account, then gives me an error...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040