Windows 10: How to remove an account that isn't mine?

Discus and support How to remove an account that isn't mine? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So... my ex used to use my laptop for university from time to time. Her uni provides Office 365 on up to 5 computers. She signed in to her Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickWyles, Mar 15, 2019.

1. RickWyles Win User

How to remove an account that isn't mine?

So... my ex used to use my laptop for university from time to time. Her uni provides Office 365 on up to 5 computers. She signed in to her Microsoft account and downloaded some of the apps she was using that I wasn't.

Now that we've split Windows keeps notifying me that I need to manage my accounts and sign in to her account. I've deleted Office off of my laptop completely, but the message still comes up.

Her account is listed as a Work or School account, but since I don't have her password, and I'm never going to get it, I can't 'manage' the account.

How can I remove her account from my laptop and stop the notification from coming up?

Thank you in advance

:)

RickWyles, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 15, 2019
  4. How to remove an account that isn't mine?

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to remove an account that isn't mine?

1. How to remove an account that isn't mine? - Similar Threads - remove account isn't

2. Help removing family account thats not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help removing family account thats not mine: Long story short, I have my friends Microsoft account stuck on my PC after trying to play for him in a video game. Any time I try to open chrome, it asks me to "email an adult" and I can't remove the account because my friends account is set as a child account. Is there any...
  3. How to Remove an account from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove an account from computer: There is a work email account that I used in the past but it is no longer valid (I am not merely not using it, the actual account is no longer valid; it was deleted by the domain owner). However, my computer keeps trying to login to this account, then gives me an error...
  4. Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.: Hi I seem to have an email attached to my microsoft account that is not mine. How do I remove it, especially since I cannot access certain features that require an password since the incorrect email shos in the dialog box?...
  5. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

Corrupted Admin Account (Mine): A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account...
  6. Remove Account

Remove Account: Hello all, I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed (fresh install). I have installed my Windows 10. Created Local Account and NOT MS Account to login into my PC. Then I updated my Windows 10. Opened up Windows 10 Store. Updated all the applications within Store. Used my email...
  7. How to remove an account photo

How to remove an account photo: I have a Photo on my welcome screen and would like to remove it. If I try " %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures "Then there is no picture to delete in the folder. I tried in %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures Also nothing to delete there. Where else can I...
  8. How to remove Guest account?

How to remove Guest account?: A while back I updated to windows 10 from Win7. For the last while I have occasionally gotten an error on boot that says something like "The windows Host Services has stopped working" and when I close the error I get a black screen. If I cntrl-alt-del I can restart the...
  9. How to remove microsoft account from local account

How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040
  10. How to make MY PC mine?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make MY PC mine?: I have an HP Desktop which I bought a couple of years ago with Windows 10. I have since accustomed myself to the differences between 7 and 10. There is one, however, that annoyed me then and try as I might to get over it, it still drives me nuts! I belatedly ask for your...