Windows 10: How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009

Discus and support How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 with McAfee securityFor many years I have had Ubisoft Scrabble 2009 installed on my PC and it was running under Windows 10 presumably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rita & Ians sharedAccount, Aug 5, 2021.

1. How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009

I have windows 10 with McAfee securityFor many years I have had Ubisoft Scrabble 2009 installed on my PC and it was running under Windows 10 presumably in compatability mode which I seem to remember is done automatically when upgrading to windows 10. Following a hardware upgrade and reinstallation of a clean version of Windows 10 Home. I tried to re-install it and the following error message appeared:User Account Control. This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator. Scrabble2009setup.exe

:)

Rita & Ians sharedAccount, Aug 5, 2021

2. How to remove an Administrator block

I have windows 10 with McAfee security

For many years I have had Ubisoft Scrabble 2009 installed on my PC. For no reason, it disappeared with no warning. I tried to re-load it and the following error message appeared:

User Account Control. This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator. Scrabble2009setup.exe

I have tried moving the user account slider to minimum and disabling McAfee. These have not worked. I still get the same message. I have tried switching off the internet but again the same message. I have even purchased a replacement Scrabble 2009 disc but
    the same happens.

I contacted both McAfee and Microsoft help desks and they both say it is not a software fault. I contacted Ubisoft who say there is nothing wrong with their programme. Has anyone else had the same problem and / or can help.

Many thanks Richard

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

richardchunter, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Scrabble fail to load properly playing through facebook....

Hi Dai,

This issue might have occurred because of browser cache and temporary files. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue specific to Scrabble?
    • Have you tried playing Scrabble through Facebook app?

I suggest you to try using Facebook app and play Scrabble check if you face issue while loading the game. Also try resetting Microsoft Edge.

Resetting Microsoft Edge will clear Cache cookies and browsing history etc. Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see
            “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear”
            under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if the issue related to game Scrabble resolves by the above steps. so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Mikedyce Win User

How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009

Scrabble for Windows 10

Does anyone know of a good scrabble game for Windows to play over the internet?
    I currently use the Mattell one on Facebook to play with specific friends. However that is being finally terminated this June. They have suggested an alternative (Scrabble GO), but it's only for the Android platform. I've tried it via Bluestack, but wasn't impressed.
    Doesn't have to be freeware.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Mikedyce, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009

1. How to remove an Administrator block on Scrabble 2009 - Similar Threads - remove Administrator block

2. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  3. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  4. administrator block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator block: Hello, I am trying to download some games from cd. I keep getting a box which states blocked by administrator. Contact administrator. I am listed as administrator, and can't figure out this issue resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  5. Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.: I have multiple softwares that I use and if they are on a removable device, a message pops up saying this app has been blocked by your system administrator. If I move the file to my desktop it works just fine. I am the administrator, I've tried resetting the gpedit.msc, I've...
  6. scrabble app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrabble app: can someone help me , I cant play scrabble keep getting 337 and 339 notifcations, I love playing every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrabble-app/1ae9601d-ab1e-4712-b5f9-29fb7a1f5e11
  7. scrabble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scrabble: ihave a scrabble that use to work on window 7 but now I have window 10 it freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrabble/4ffde06c-b5df-4f1a-a1d5-74cc463b7374
  8. scrabble in facebook

scrabble in facebook: I have scrabble in facebook and it is on my desktop,my Tablet and my laptop. It works great on desktop and Tablet, It will not load on laptop. and that is where I have always played it the most. It workd fine then all of a sudden it would not load,, can this be fixed?...
  9. Remove Administrator how?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Administrator how?: How do I remove the need for an Administrator? I don't know how to proceed from the error I get? I am the sole User! Thanks (Please see my error problem attached error.jpg) 48435
  10. Administrator Block

Administrator Block: Clean installed Windows 10 on my Series 9 Samsung laptop. Also installed Samsung Software Update. It was quite useless. But it also plagues me on start up with a block for your protection dialog box at startup. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR but the system doesn't think so. How do I...