Windows 10: How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it.

Discus and support How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an application installed on my computer, which I had previously used for work purposes. This application is no longer permissible on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kyle T Manel, Jul 30, 2020.

1. How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it.

I have an application installed on my computer, which I had previously used for work purposes.

This application is no longer permissible on my computer however, so on attempt to remove it, with either the 'Apps and Features' menu, as well as the 'Programs and Features' menu, I am informed; There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.'

I need to remove this app, and there is no value remaining in it for me, so it can be bulldozed.

Assistance would be appreciated.

If anyone from Microsoft sees this; There should be additional categories added for the purposes of application resolution in the Microsoft environment

:)

Kyle T Manel, Jul 30, 2020
  2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it. [​IMG]

3. ernel32.dll Virus Removal

I've googled this and followed the steps I found to remove it and it still comes back. I can't surf the net because of this Trojan.
    I've ran malware bytes and it too can't remove it. I've tried Safe Mode manually deleting it and it still comes back. Right now I'm running super spyware removal to see if it can remove it.

Anyone ever had this or know how to get rid of it?

The virus is on a Laptop running windows xp.

AphexDreamer, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it.

Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Kathleen,

The "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" error may have been caused by system file corruption. There might be missing files or documents. This error usually occurs when launching apps or installing Office. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting the error when launching apps? If so, what apps are you having issues with?

In the meantime, if you're having issues in launching apps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. To uninstall an application that's downloaded from Windows Store, kindly refer to the steps provided on this
    link. Click on the drop-down menu and choose
    "Remove in Settings". On the other hand, to uninstall a program that's not downloaded in Windows Store, please refer to these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    • Click the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Click Uninstall.

To reinstall apps from Windows Store, perform the following steps:

• From the Start menu, type Store and press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app that you want to reinstall and press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

If the program is not downloaded from Windows Store, we recommend checking the software developer's website to download it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it.

1. How to remove an app that throws a missing DLL error when I attempt to remove it. - Similar Threads - remove app throws

2. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  3. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....: I attempt to remove a Trojan virus and it claims to have been removed but then prompts me to check the exclusions which are C;\ProgramData C;\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile .exeI then remove these inclusions and then scan again and lo and behold the Trojan virus is...
  4. I attempt to remove a virus and it claims to have removed it but that there are exclusions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to remove this app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this app?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Drumstix360 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m19cva/how_to_remove_this_app/
  6. remove .dll in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove .dll in W10: Once had HP printers and a scanner that have since been replaced by another maker. Have trouble deleting old HP programs. The main issue seems to be that HPSFTaskbar.dll cannot be removed because it is "in use by Windows Explorer." Am an experienced Windows 10 user, but not...
  7. How to remove error message when installing apps.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove error message when installing apps.: Occasionally, not always, when I try to install a new app I receive an error message stating that the installation can not be completed because another installation is in progress. In fact, there is no other installation in progress and if I try the install later or after...
  8. Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client: I am receiving two errors: VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, and MSVCP140.dll was not found. I am attempting to install the Origin game launcher, and it will not begin and giving me these errors. I have already attemped to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable...
  9. How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.: Hi! I already remove the app but I forgot to unpin the app before I remove it. So after remove, the pinned app icon turns to a white paper icon as the image below and cannot unpin it anyway. [ATTACH] My question is how I do remove this icon out from my taskbar? It's...
  10. How to remove "Run DLL" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove "Run DLL" ?: I scrapped an old HP Envy printer recently but just can't get rid of a left over pop up when I first log on saying "Run DLL". Anyone know ? Thanks *Smile 125153