Windows 10: How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com

Discus and support How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Under Windows 10, how do I remove an email account from Outlook.com? The account is the only one there and it is the address I used when I set up my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Sep 18, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com

Under Windows 10, how do I remove an email account from Outlook.com? The account is the only one there and it is the address I used when I set up my Microsoft Account. I am having trouble and would like to start all over.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Sep 18, 2015

2. Outlook - how do I send emails from other addresses I have set up in Outlook.com in the outlook app?

When I signed into my new Lumia 1020 with my microsoft account, which is also my outlook.com account, it gave me my email with all my folders and everything - good!

Thing is, on outlook.com, I have set up 4 of my other email addresses to come through Outlook.com - I can send and receive emails through these addresses on the website and on my Outlook.com app on my old android phone. It's very useful - let's say, someone
    sends me an email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this arrives in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email inbox, and when I hit reply, the reply is sent from my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** address. I can also send new emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy *** etc etc, and everything ends up in
    a central inbox and sent folder. Great!

[note - these are not actually the addresses of my other email accounts in case you hadn't worked that out!]

Unfortunately, on my windows phone I cant do this.

I get the email from all the accounts arriving in my inbox, matching everything on all my other outlook.com ways of accessing, however I cannot SEND from these other accounts - there's no option to select 'from' address, and replying to emails on other accounts
    ends up with them being sent from the @outlook.com address - this is really bad.

Is there any way to fix this?

I noticed that my emaill account is set up as my 'microsoft account', and there is the option to set up an email inbox based on a 'outlook.com account' - however my Outlook.com account IS my microsoft account, so it won't let me set it up separately. If
    I create a new (sigh) microsoft account and set up the outlook.com account separately would this reenable these features?

Thanks.

JeremyRichardCorbett, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Jen-H Win User
    remove old email account from Windows 8 phone

how do I remove or delete an email account from Windows 8 phone and / or outlook.com

It was relatively easy to add an account

but I can't find any options to remove it

I have changed the password on the account, which has stopped the emails downloading to both Windows 8 and outlook.com

however, the windows phone prompts me to re-enter the new password every time I refresh my email inbox

?

Jen-H, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com

1. How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Remove Email Account

2. Remove school email from outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove school email from outlook: I transferred to a new college and on the outlook windows app it won't let me change email accounts. Keep in mind that the previous school email is expired/deleted and it won't let me sign in or do anything else. It just asks me to sign into my account owned by my previous...
  3. Remove school email from outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove school email from outlook: I transferred to a new college and on the outlook windows app it won't let me change email accounts. Keep in mind that the previous school email is expired/deleted and it won't let me sign in or do anything else. It just asks me to sign into my account owned by my previous...
  4. How to remove email from user1 account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email from user1 account: Figured it out, but see no way to delete this post I just did. Sorry for any confusion! 170292
  5. How to remove an "email account" from laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an "email account" from laptop: I am trying to remove an account from my laptop. To specify, this is NOT a user account that is used to log in when switching on and signing in This is one of the accounts when you go in to settings - emails and accounts - and then accounts used by other apps. I used to...
  6. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  7. How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?: Windows 10 deceived me and told me i had a problem about my accounts, i clicked there to solve the problem and see what could be and linked my hotmail account to my computer without permission, i tried to remove it clicking in my account, edit and then there is not remove...
  8. How to remove account from email and app accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove account from email and app accounts: Hi, One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019. The problem is, she can no longer log into her office programs. It only asks for an emailadress, but never a password (because of...
  9. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...
  10. How to move emails from one Outlook account to another?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move emails from one Outlook account to another?: I've heard this is possible, by using Outlook 2013 and exporting all emails to a .pst file, but I added my Outlook account and after it synced everything looks like this: [img] Obviously i'm doing something wrong, so I came here to ask for help. I want to move every...