Windows 10: How to remove an email from Windows

Discus and support How to remove an email from Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dead work email which I cannot remove. Windows does not give me an option to remove when I access Email and Accounts, only an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by User1186, Jan 14, 2022.

1. User1186 Win User

How to remove an email from Windows

I have a dead work email which I cannot remove. Windows does not give me an option to remove when I access Email and Accounts, only an option to "Manage" this account and the instructions to delete a Microsoft email/account does not apply to this situation as I no longer have access to this email. Every few days Windows notifies me that there's an issue with my work/school account however does not give me an option to remove this email, only to manage. Please advise.

:)

User1186, Jan 14, 2022

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Jan 14, 2022
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. How to remove an email from Windows - Similar Threads - remove email

2. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  3. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  4. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  5. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  6. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  7. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  8. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  10. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....