Windows 10: How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one

Discus and support How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had recently got Windows 10 and made a new Microsoft account. Now I am trying to delete that account and replace it with my other Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EthanB5, Feb 7, 2019.

1. EthanB5 Win User

How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one

I had recently got Windows 10 and made a new Microsoft account. Now I am trying to delete that account and replace it with my other Microsoft account. I had the account closed, but whenever I sign into my computer it is still having me sign into the old account. When I try to sign into the Xbox app, it is still trying to sign into my old account, and is causing an error due to my account being closed. Along with this, there is no way to sign out of the old email within the Xbox app. I had tried adding my Microsoft account into my settings, but I'm not finding any way to remove the old one.

:)

EthanB5, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 7, 2019
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 7, 2019
  4. How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one

Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one

1. How to remove an old Microsoft Account from Windows 10 to replace it with a new one - Similar Threads - remove old Microsoft

2. Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop: I purchased a laptop in college and set up using my college Microsoft account. That account no longer exists. I am trying to disconnect it from my laptop, but it requires a password. I do not know that password, and the account doesn't technically exists anymore so I cannot...
  3. Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove and replace old college Microsoft account from laptop: I purchased a laptop in college and set up using my college Microsoft account. That account no longer exists. I am trying to disconnect it from my laptop, but it requires a password. I do not know that password, and the account doesn't technically exists anymore so I cannot...
  4. How Does One Remove an Old Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Does One Remove an Old Account?: have: W10 homescenario: i changed my email address to a new address and deleted/deactivated the previous address. issue: now i'm bombarded with an account error message old discontinued email address is displayed which i cannot stop from popping up. during repair procedure...
  5. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10: My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system. Thanks...
  6. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  7. How to get account from old computer to new one?

How to get account from old computer to new one?: I have two accts for Windows 10. One I am currently using; the other was on a lap top computer that was severely damage during a fire and all contents lost. I plan to buy a new lap top...how to get the acct from the lost computer to a new new one ***Modified title from:...
  8. removing an microsoft account from pc and sign into old one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing an microsoft account from pc and sign into old one.: hi I have a pc for school and my laptop got wiped from language issues. but my Microsoft account is logged in and all my backgrounds are on my mums laptop and I want to remove her email and log into mine and it wont let me remove or block the account. WHAT DO I DO?...
  9. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  10. Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?

Transfer files from old Microsoft account to the new one?: I created a new Microsoft account on the laptop that I’ve bought recently. I’d like to know if I can transfer the files from my old Microsoft account that I used before....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace the still used microsoft account

2. remove old microsoft account from windows 10

3. how to replace an old microsoft account with a new one

4. remove old office account from windows 10,
  5. how to use new account replacing old one