Windows 10: How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

Discus and support How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ngkenilworth, Aug 7, 2022.

1. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on start-up but only one is valid/ working:Background: I’ve built a new PC and when installing Windows10 I didn’t notice that the intended Solid State Drive SSD1 hadn’t been properly formatted so Windows installed onto my general storage Hard Disk HDD1. When I noticed this I decided to halt, disconnected HDD1 and installed Windows10 onto the now formatted SSD1. I reformatted HDD1 as a quick method of removing the unwanted initial installation and r

:)

ngkenilworth, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 7, 2022
  3. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

Removal of unwanted apps

The default apps cant be removed using normal methods. You can remove them from the start screen.

If you REALLY want to uninstall them you can try the below. They will be re-installed the next insider build. You have to realize Microsoft gets revenue from their advertisers based on how many machines they are installed on

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Repeat for all the apps you want to remove.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

1. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10? - Similar Threads - remove unwanted 2nd

2. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?: Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on start-up but only one is valid/ working:Background: I’ve built a new PC and when installing Windows10 I didn’t notice that the...
  3. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?: Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on start-up but only one is valid/ working:Background: I’ve built a new PC and when installing Windows10 I didn’t notice that the...
  4. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted app: An app found in Network and internet-view network ...There is mycarelinkrelay - by medronic which i did not install but can not remove it.Is this spying on my computer windows 10 ?Needs procedure to remove...thanks...
  5. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unwanted app: An app found in Network and internet-view network ...There is mycarelinkrelay - by medronic which i did not install but can not remove it.Is this spying on my computer windows 10 ?Needs procedure to remove...thanks...
  6. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10: I have an SSD on my laptop which I have just upgraded to a larger capacity to allow me to have a second instance of windows in an adjacent partition. I am now in the process of re-installing windows on this new drive and wondered if when the first instance of windows has...
  8. How to remove unwanted input languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove unwanted input languages: Hello, can anybody instruct me how to remove the VIE and ENG US input in the taskbar? They just appeared automatically there even I don't have them in my settings. [ATTACH]...
  9. How to remove unwanted network connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove unwanted network connection?: Why delete button become grey color? May I know how to delete so many unwanted network connection. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unwanted-network-connection/4d9d2f95-a350-44dc-8021-c3ff8d396bc6
  10. How to remove unwanted attchment files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted attchment files: Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but can't seem to find a way to remove unwanted attachments uploaded for posts. Any thoughts? *Rolleyes 6532