Windows 10: How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?

Discus and support How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, There are a lot of posts about this, and I know that most people recommend just using the mouse wheel to change the volume, which does work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nahuelma97, Jan 1, 2021.

1. How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?

Hi,

There are a lot of posts about this, and I know that most people recommend just using the mouse wheel to change the volume, which does work, unless you're trying to change the volume from an odd to an even number or viceversa, but I wanna know if there's any way at all that we can disable the beep for whenever the volume is changed.

I did a bit of research and found that, as of a few years ago, this wasn't possible, according to a former Microsoft Support employee that responded to the thread below first response in the Replies section below the main answer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-annoying-ding-sound-on-changing/7e701de4-9c80-49e9-8920-b67343eefc8c

The beep sound is still as annoying now as it was back in 2011 when this was first posted.

Is it still not possible to specifically silence the beep for volume changes without silencing all the other apps that also use the same beep for much more useful purposes?

:)

Nahuelma97, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Tim Hill6 Win User

Annoying BEEP sound after increasing volume

When I increase the sound volume using the volume control on the screen lower right side, I hear an annoying beep sound. How to stop it?

Tim Hill6, Jan 1, 2021
  3. KPST92 Win User
    how to remove volume change sound

its rather annoying, how do you remove the sound that is heard when you increase or decrease the volume. its like a squeeky beep sound when changing the volume and there seems to be no options under Sound or more sound settings

KPST92, Jan 1, 2021
  4. 000qwerty Win User

How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?

Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

The solution below will solve (removing beep noise) the problem:

1. Open Windows Registry (regedit.exe).
    2. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT
    3. Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1.
    4. Restart PC

But, it will cause issues when I try to change the volume from my headphones. They no longer control the master volume / volume mixer, but still adjusts the sound level when volume up/down is pressed.

So, is there a way to remove the beep noise altogether without doing that registry change?

Note: There is no beep noise when I change the volume to 100% or 0% on the built-in Laptop speakers.

000qwerty, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?

1. How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume? - Similar Threads - remove annoying beep

2. annoying beep when I change pc volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  3. annoying beep when I change pc volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  4. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  5. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  6. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker beeping on volume change: Hey there, My bluetooth speaker (Marshall Stockwell) is beeping a short default beep sound (not the windows background sound) when I change the audio volume when something is playing. Is this a bluetooth setting? When I try to change volume without the speaker plugged in,...
  8. Annoying beeps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying beeps: I am constantly annoyed by beeps when the cursor moves over an icon or a button. This seems to have started quite recently. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-beeps/23948196-f5f6-44b8-83ee-bd8a9f86d199
  9. annoying beeps and popups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying beeps and popups: my computer dings every few seconds saying usb device not recognised..windows doesnt recognise..recommend reconnect driver or update tried everything still beebs and pops up windows..even tried system restore help please...
  10. Tab key makes annoying beep every time I press it (Win10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key makes annoying beep every time I press it (Win10): Dear Microsoft Community, My tab key makes an annoying blip every time I press it. I have been scrolling through forums, trying every solution, but I haven't found the answer to my particular problem. I have a gaming laptop that runs on Windows 10. Sticky keys, toggle keys,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. max volume beep noise windows 10

2. stop annoying beep when volume changes