Windows 10: how to remove app Microsoft Edge

Discus and support how to remove app Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I rarely use IE and regularly use Firefox and Chrome. 44928 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jalea148, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

how to remove app Microsoft Edge

I rarely use IE and regularly use Firefox and Chrome.

:)

jalea148, Mar 21, 2016

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Mar 21, 2016
  3. You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store

how I remove the questions "you will need a new app to open this Microsoft edge" from screen

alvoRajpoot, Mar 21, 2016
  4. how to remove app Microsoft Edge

The easiest way is to just unpin it from the taskbar, then make sure one of your other browsers is set to be the default browser.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
  5. jalea148 Win User
    I had unpinned it. I was concerned that it might become my default. I had a similar problem with Bing even though I had deleted it from my lists of search engines. MS can be invasive.

jalea148, Mar 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Yes, but that's the best you can do since MS is determined to have Edge as default browser.
    Like you, I have deleted Bing from my search provider list, set Google as my default search.
    I also set IE11 as my default browser.
    We'll see how long before MS "disown" IE all together.

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  7. jalea148 Win User
    MS is too paternalistic. Thanx for the info. Even though I delete B as search engine it keeps reappearing.

jalea148, Mar 22, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

How did that happen ?

I deleted it and it never shows its ugly face again.
    Did you do it this way ?...................

Open IE11 < Tools > Manage add-ons > left side, click Search providers >make sure you have your preferred search engine set as default >then, click Bing > click Remove > Close.

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  9. jalea148 Win User
    I use Firefox & Chrome.
    After clipping triple bar in top right of window an options lets selection of search engines - which default & which to remove.

jalea148, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to remove app Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - remove app Microsoft

2. How do you remove the defol.club via Microsoft edge scam app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you remove the defol.club via Microsoft edge scam app?: I just got a new computer with Windows 11. I have been getting a pop-up that looks like it is from McAfee, but evidently is a scam. I don't show the app in my app list, but it is listed under apps with notifications. I contacted Microsoft Support earlier today. The agent...
  3. How do you remove the defol.club via Microsoft edge scam app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you remove the defol.club via Microsoft edge scam app?: I just got a new computer with Windows 11. I have been getting a pop-up that looks like it is from McAfee, but evidently is a scam. I don't show the app in my app list, but it is listed under apps with notifications. I contacted Microsoft Support earlier today. The agent...
  4. how do I remove Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I remove Microsoft edge: I have tried for serval years to remove it from my laptop and desktop to no avail. I am finally making a post here in hopes that i can get some answers. the only ways I've seen include installing some program that goes into root privilege's to remove it because it has higher...
  5. Microsoft Edge removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge removal: So i used IObit uninstaller to remove the microsoft edge bloatware. However when i switched my PC on today i noticed this: https://gyazo.com/0ef6952ca32f3d3bfc93953e3c486d80 For the moment I've chosen to pause updates while i try to figure out if there's a way i can get rid...
  6. Remove or block microsoft edge

Remove or block microsoft edge: Is there a way to completely uninstall Microsoft Edge or at least block the application from doing anything. This app keeps on changing all my file types PDF to in browser link and opens everything in Microsoft edge even when I don't want it too. I was fine without it but I...
  7. how to remove microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to remove microsoft edge: the last 2 update messed my computer up 1st it put back the arrows ondesktop shortcuts 2nd thethumbnails for my animation all changed to just one picture 3rd the encripted folders were on display to anyone to see but at lest you could not open them. the latest thing is...
  8. microsoft edge App

microsoft edge App: Microsoft edge doesn't open any PDF files or documents on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-app/775e83b7-13f0-4c52-8860-fdd3c3879d1c
  9. Removing a Microsoft Edge Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Edge Virus: I have a tab on Edge that won't shut. It's clearly a phishing scam, but it also looks like it is trying to download info from my other open tabs. I tried shutting down with task manager and couldn't do it. I shut down my Surface and restarted. I seem to be able to use...
  10. Removing Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Edge: I will like to remove Microsoft Edge from my computer. I'm never going to use it and dislike that it opens when I am clicking a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-microsoft-edge/9801f304-2b35-4808-95de-65c03ff4a919

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Phone froze removing edge app