Windows 10: How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Discus and support How to remove apps from desktop display at start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elda M., Sep 10, 2019.

1. Elda M. Win User

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Hi,

I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything changed up! I did not complete the install, but for some reason my apps are now being displayed, but not my regular icons. I also used to have my task bar displaying necessary icons, but there's nothing there except the "go back" arrow, Cortana circle icon and task view icon where the other icons were. I tried restarting and rebooting, nothing worked. I hope all this makes sense. What to do?

:)

Elda M., Sep 10, 2019
  2. client32 Win User

Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Sep 10, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 10, 2019
  4. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click to access the All-Apps alphabetic 'list-by-letter' menu? If I could, i would make that my default Display option when clicking All Apps in the Start Menu.

questorfla, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

1. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up - Similar Threads - remove apps desktop

2. Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up: I am unable to remove MS Word app from Windows 10 start-up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ms-word-app-from-windows-10-start-up/bca9a715-6b80-4269-88bb-fe2c27774dbb
  3. How remove _Getintopc from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How remove _Getintopc from desktop: I have an icon for _Getintopc.com on my 8093 desk top that I want to get rid of. It apparently was put there when I dl'd a copy of Minitools PC Wizard. If I select it and try to delete it I get told I can't do that because it is open in System. I tried to move it off the...
  4. how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list

how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list: this thing has been troubling me since i unistalled epic games launcher , it is still present in my startup list. i even removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\EpicGames in regedit listed in some other site , but its still present there . please help me remove this ...[ATTACH]...
  5. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  6. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  7. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu: Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed...
  8. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  9. How to remove Visual Studio Apps from Win 10 Start ?

How to remove Visual Studio Apps from Win 10 Start ?: hi, I have been creating a lot of Visual Studio apps and now they are all showing up in the Windows 10 start menu. They were just simple programs and they are annoying. Can I get rid of them or change a setting so no more appear. Right clicking and selecting remove and...
  10. How to start app on certain Desktop

How to start app on certain Desktop: Hello, I would like to ask if there is some way how to specify on which desktop will program/application start? I really like new more desktops system but i am missing some launch option for this (Shortcut option like "x:\xx\test.exe -desktop2"). 29161