Windows 10: How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Discus and support How to remove apps from desktop display at start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elda M., Sep 10, 2019.

1. Elda M. Win User

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Hi,

I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything changed up! I did not complete the install, but for some reason my apps are now being displayed, but not my regular icons. I also used to have my task bar displaying necessary icons, but there's nothing there except the "go back" arrow, Cortana circle icon and task view icon where the other icons were. I tried restarting and rebooting, nothing worked. I hope all this makes sense. What to do?

:)

Elda M., Sep 10, 2019
  2. client32 Win User

Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Sep 10, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 10, 2019
  4. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click to access the All-Apps alphabetic 'list-by-letter' menu? If I could, i would make that my default Display option when clicking All Apps in the Start Menu.

questorfla, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

1. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up - Similar Threads - remove apps desktop

2. Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps: Even though I have unchecked 'Auto-Start Application' in Power Automate Desktop settings, it is stilllisted in the Start-Up app in Task Manager.Any way to remove not disable the item?James...
  3. Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Power Automate Desktop from Start-Up Apps: Even though I have unchecked 'Auto-Start Application' in Power Automate Desktop settings, it is stilllisted in the Start-Up app in Task Manager.Any way to remove not disable the item?James...
  4. How to Remove Start-up entries of Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Start-up entries of Microsoft Store Apps: I have tried several ways to remove unwanted Start-up entries from regedit and other softwares like Autoruns from Microsoft but the problem I am facing is that I am not able to remove the entries of Apps which are from Microsoft Store. For eg:I have deleted Telegram from my...
  5. How to Remove Start-up entries of Microsoft Store Apps

How to Remove Start-up entries of Microsoft Store Apps: I have tried several ways to remove unwanted Start-up entries from regedit and other softwares like Autoruns from Microsoft but the problem I am facing is that I am not able to remove the entries of Apps which are from Microsoft Store. For eg:I have deleted Telegram from my...
  6. How to remove Display from Desktop in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Display from Desktop in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you have a multiple monitor setup on your Windows 11/10 Enterprise and/or Pro for Workstations edition, you can remove and restore a connected external display on demand without having to physically disconnect and reconnect the display OR turn on or off the display...
  7. Undo remove display from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo remove display from desktop: I am using a virtual machine to connect to my client's network via Citrix. I have accidentally removed the only display using the "Remove display from desktop" option from the settings and now I am unable to access my VM. I have tried restarting the virtual machine but that...
  8. Undo remove display from desktop

Undo remove display from desktop: I am using a virtual machine to connect to my client's network via Citrix. I have accidentally removed the only display using the "Remove display from desktop" option from the settings and now I am unable to access my VM. I have tried restarting the virtual machine but that...
  9. Undo remove display from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i remove uninstalled apps from start up list: this thing has been troubling me since i unistalled epic games launcher , it is still present in my startup list. i even removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\EpicGames in regedit listed in some other site , but its still present there . please help me remove this ...[ATTACH]...