Windows 10: How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search

Discus and support How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where windows show programs that no longer exist in the search, they don't appear in programs and features, I've tried changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cool54864, Feb 3, 2021.

1. cool54864 Win User

How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search

I'm having an issue where windows show programs that no longer exist in the search, they don't appear in programs and features, I've tried changing the index, messing with the registry, the apps have no image and I can't open up their file location or start the programs. There is nothng I seem to be able to do to get rid of them. an image example of my issue https://imgur.com/vJQdmvV

:)

cool54864, Feb 3, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Star Menu only searches C

Hi, have you tried using these options?

How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search [​IMG]

Applying the documents filter focuses Cortana on documents, rather than web or apps. When I click that option, the result changes.

How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search [​IMG]

If you want rational search as fast as you can type across ALL your files folders disks... try
    Ultrasearch
    Locate32
    Everything

Free. GUI options to specify your search by date, size, location, extension etc etc.

dalchina, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Mail and calendar app don`t work, can`t be removed, and uses 20 GB !

thank you, I tried again and it worked!

Omar AlSmaeil, Feb 3, 2021
  4. How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search

Mail and calendar app don`t work, can`t be removed, and uses 20 GB !

Hi Omar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform you that the Mail and Calendar app cannot be uninstalled directly from Programs and features. It requires a PowerShell command to uninstall.

I suggest you to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Please follow the following steps to uninstall the app.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search

1. How to remove apps that don't exist from star menu search - Similar Threads - remove apps don't

2. How to remove the newsfeed from the search menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the newsfeed from the search menu on Windows 11: I'd like to remove the newsfeed from the search menu of windows 11. It is distracting and counter productive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-newsfeed-from-the-search-menu-on/401e97d4-23ea-4f3b-b635-865c95eb5f21
  3. How to remove the newsfeed from the search menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the newsfeed from the search menu on Windows 11: I'd like to remove the newsfeed from the search menu of windows 11. It is distracting and counter productive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-newsfeed-from-the-search-menu-on/401e97d4-23ea-4f3b-b635-865c95eb5f21
  4. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Cortana
  7. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  8. How Remove “Search the Store” from Open With context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Remove “Search the Store” from Open With context menu?: I used this reg file but it doesn't work I still see the Search with Store when I select Open With: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer] "NoUseStoreOpenWith"=-...
  9. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  10. Star Menu only searches C

in Windows 10 Support
    Star Menu only searches C: Searching for files in the start menu only shows results from C drive. i have my other drives indexed and search inside explorer is superfast. just start menu search doesn't work 75943