Windows 10: How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

Discus and support How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ​Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete: 1 Microsoft.BioEnrollment 2 Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdpsx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. xdpsx Win User

How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete:
    1 Microsoft.BioEnrollment
    2 Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
    3 Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
    4 windows.immersivecontrolpanel
    5 Microsoft.LockApp
    6 Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge
    7 Microsoft.PPIProjection
    8 Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp
    9 Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager
    10 Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls
    11 Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience
    12 Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
    13 Windows.ContactSupport
    14 Windows.MiracastView
    15 Windows.PrintDialog
    16 Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
    17 Microsoft.AccountsControl

I've tried also manually and also the following 3 scripts, but still no result.

remove-default-apps
    https://github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-W...fault-apps.ps1

RemoveWindowsStoreApp.ps1
    https://github.com/dwj7738/My-Powers...wsStoreApp.ps1

reclaimWindows10.ps1
    This Windows 10 Setup Script turns off a bunch of unnecessary Windows 10 telemetery, bloatware, & privacy things. Not guaranteed to catch everything. Review and tweak before running. Reboot after running. Scripts for reversing are included and commented. Fork of https://github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script (different defaults)

Even one of the scripts says:

# apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage
    #"Microsoft.BioEnrollment"
    #"Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge"
    #"Microsoft.Windows.Cortana"
    #"Microsoft.WindowsFeedback"
    #"Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI"
    #"Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider"
    #"Windows.ContactSupport"

Also tried to untag them, still no result.

Sincerely.

:)

xdpsx, Nov 10, 2016

2. How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

According to CBGrant (above), "Certain apps in Windows 10 are not uninstall-able because they are considered important to the experience of Windows 10 and to the operating system." However, at the risk of spoiling my experience, I successfully used Sqrly's
    method to remove a few apps such as king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga_1.110.600.0_x86__kgqvnymyfvs32. Unfortunately, it didn't work for the Office apps, which are the ones that are wasting the most space. For example:

remove-appxpackage -allusers -package Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16010.9126.2116.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

remove-appxpackage : The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

At line:1 char:1

+ remove-appxpackage -allusers -package Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16010. ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileNotFoundException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

Mike Dallwitz, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Apps removed via Powershell Scripts reinstall themselves

I am very frustrated with Microsoft.

I don't like half the apps preinstalled on 10.

The only apps I use are

XBOX

One note

One drive

Minecraft

The others can go to the Recycle Bin including the spying apps and defender.

I have AVG.

Even If I use the scripts

Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingfinance* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsphone* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingsports* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage

Some still reinstall themselves.

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: Powershell Scripts

Steven Sutler, Nov 10, 2016
  4. How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

MoxieMomma, Nov 10, 2016
  5. xdpsx Win User
    Thank you for the encouragement to receive advices also from others.

The same question it has been posted on more forums. I would be very thankful if you could tell me please if this is not fair, or against any forums/web rules, or it will bother someone, or it will create any other bad thoughts.

Regards.

xdpsx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

1. How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage - Similar Threads - remove apps cannot

2. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  3. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  4. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC: 0I am trying to uninstall a previously installed windows UWP App. using command below. Below command is removing the App. from Start menu fine but the App. is not able to remove C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MyAPPNAME\ directory.Can someone help me with this fix...
  5. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC: 0I am trying to uninstall a previously installed windows UWP App. using command below. Below command is removing the App. from Start menu fine but the App. is not able to remove C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MyAPPNAME\ directory.Can someone help me with this fix...
  6. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Remove-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  8. Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  9. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...
  10. Which app was removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which app was removed?: [ATTACH] Greetings, This morning I noticed that a tile is missing from Start. I don't remember what used to be there. I'm guessing Windows Update removed an app. Is it possible to find out which app was removed? I've had this problem before. Thanks, Shane....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get-AppXProvisionedPackage online *3dbuilder* AllUsers | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage online

2. 16010.9126.2116.0

3. [Remove-AppxPackage] FileNotFoundException

4. remove-appxpackage solitaire error the system cannot find the file specified 0x80070002,
  5. Path d:\program files cannot be removed could be moved out of the way later,
  6. remove-appxpackage filenotfoundexception,
  7. microsoft office desktop apps 16010.9126.2116.0,
  8. excel version 16010.9126.2116.0,
  9. Remove-AppxPackage : The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002),
  10. Remove-AppxPackage *windowsphone*,
  11. excel version 16010.9126 2116.0