Windows 10: How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?

Discus and support How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; There is an AppxPackage called Microsoft.SkypeApp on my user account 'nophone'.I want to remove it but the -User switch for Remove-AppxPackage never... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JakerSt, Sep 22, 2022.

1. JakerSt Win User

How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?

There is an AppxPackage called Microsoft.SkypeApp on my user account 'nophone'.I want to remove it but the -User switch for Remove-AppxPackage never works. Neither does the -AllUsers switch.Both switches are located on the documentation for System.Management.Automation PowerShell Class.

:)

JakerSt, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 22, 2022
  3. empleat Win User
    remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account

How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account? [​IMG]
    Here is what happens when i copy paste these commands as administrator.

empleat, Sep 22, 2022
  4. lx07 Win User

remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account

Which exactly tells you the answer does it not? "This app can not be uninstalled"

You could look at the link below (as you list is very out of date) but some apps (those part of the system) you simply can't uninstall like that.

See Debloat-Windows-10/remove-default-apps.ps1 for a more up to date list.

Specifically though, pay attention to this bit: Code:

Thema:

1. How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account? - Similar Threads - Remove AppxPackage SPECIFIC

2. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  3. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  4. How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?: There is an AppxPackage called Microsoft.SkypeApp on my user account 'nophone'.I want to remove it but the -User switch for Remove-AppxPackage never works. Neither does the -AllUsers switch.Both switches are located on the documentation for System.Management.Automation...
  5. How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?

How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?: There is an AppxPackage called Microsoft.SkypeApp on my user account 'nophone'.I want to remove it but the -User switch for Remove-AppxPackage never works. Neither does the -AllUsers switch.Both switches are located on the documentation for System.Management.Automation...
  6. Remove-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  7. Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  8. How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine: Hi, I have just set up a new user here in the office and configured her laptop with all the software access she requires. I've also set her up on the local domain and she has an account. I have made sure she has Administrator rights. Anyway as I worked through her laptop...
  9. How to install only specific appxpackage using powershell?

How to install only specific appxpackage using powershell?: Hi, I have removed all starting apps using this command on powershell Get-AppxPackage ** | Remove-AppxPackage And reinstalling all apps by using this command on powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account

remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account: Hello, i am using windows 10 pro 64bit 17134 build Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Even if i enter command -allusers , or -user username doesn't work, can't uninstall packages like weather on normal user account. Tried this command on admin and non admin...