Windows 10: How to remove arrow icons on file icons

Discus and support How to remove arrow icons on file icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaxNunez, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MaxNunez Win User

How to remove arrow icons on file icons

Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

How to remove arrow icons on file icons [​IMG]

:)

MaxNunez, Jun 22, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown How to remove arrow icons on file icons :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove arrow icons on file icons - Similar Threads - remove arrow icons

2. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  3. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  4. Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove: Any way to get rid of this annoying blue arrows?I want to keep compression if it makes my PC more efficient, but not have these show up all the time.Is this possible?Should I keep compression?My SSD HD is 70% fullShould I remove files to gain more speed?Thanks...
  5. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons: [ATTACH] A few days ago I restarted my computer (Windows 10) and these arrow icons are now overlaying all files on my desktop. Files, folders, everything. Any idea how to remove this?...
  6. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  7. shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal: recently a large blue dbl-arrow icon is in front of my fie names. How can I remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-dbl-arrow-icon-removal/8049002f-fb9c-411b-83d6-bde2468d087e
  8. arrows on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    arrows on icons: hey guys. On my laptop I noticed that as you can see,there are many icons (shortcuts) and files with these arrows on it? What is this and how to get rid of it? [img] 155585
  9. Icon arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon arrows: I tried getting rid of the arrows on my icons with the directions here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10. After restarting, it worked BUT any time I put the computer to sleep, or restarted it, they came back. What's wierd is not ALL of...
  10. How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder: After updating Windows 10 to ver.1803.xxx I get these 2 circular arrows next to every Icon Label. They only appear on Icon Labels INSIDE a folder. When I move the Icon out out the folder to the Desktop the arrows are gone. When I move them back in a folder they re-appear....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot