Windows 10: How to remove backup timestamp from the files

Discus and support How to remove backup timestamp from the files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaymondSnell, Jun 15, 2020.

1. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files

:)

RaymondSnell, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Two Timestamp issues/questions

I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every file.

1. How do I turn off/disable Windows from automatically adding a timestamp? Yes..I've searched for an answer and have had zero success in finding a succinct answer.
    2. Is there a Command Prompt script to remove the Timestamp code from all files and folders? Yes....I've searched for this also and have not found a specific answer.

For the admins monitoring this, please allow someone to provide an answer and do not delete it.

Charles Putnam, Jun 15, 2020
  4. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

How to remove backup timestamp from the files

1. How to remove backup timestamp from the files - Similar Threads - remove backup timestamp

2. How to Remove Old Windows Backups from Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Old Windows Backups from Cloud: Ok, this seems to be a simple question without a straight answer. I have re-imaged my computer due to soooo many issues as of late that I have over 15 reinstalls. How do I remove the backups from the cloud? I want to delete them all. I have no reason or purpose to keep these,...
  3. How to Remove Old Windows Backups from Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Old Windows Backups from Cloud: Ok, this seems to be a simple question without a straight answer. I have re-imaged my computer due to soooo many issues as of late that I have over 15 reinstalls. How do I remove the backups from the cloud? I want to delete them all. I have no reason or purpose to keep these,...
  4. How do I find the correct timestamp for a driver from a minidump file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the correct timestamp for a driver from a minidump file?: Hey,So I was analysing some minidump files when I decided to check the date when the driver was released. I typed in 'lmvm <drivername>' but in the Timestamp, it shows some code. For example, in the minidump printout in this thread, it shows the code 6074A585 along with the...
  5. How do I find the correct timestamp for a driver from a minidump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I find the correct timestamp for a driver from a minidump file?: Hey,So I was analysing some minidump files when I decided to check the date when the driver was released. I typed in 'lmvm <drivername>' but in the Timestamp, it shows some code. For example, in the minidump printout in this thread, it shows the code 6074A585 along with the...
  6. File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Management Using hh:mm:ss timestamp - how?: Hi, I can find and copy files based on the date timestamp but can't figure out how to do it by time only. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a camera set up to take timelapse photos every minute during daylight. I end up with around 600 photos each day and I can...
  7. File Timestamp Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    File Timestamp Monitor: I want to monitor a text file and when its timestamp changes play a sound. I first though of doing this with Task Scheduler, but I don't see a way to directly monitor a file timestamp with Task Scheduler. I do see that this can be done with PowerShell, although I am uncertain...
  8. File Timestamp inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    File Timestamp inconsistencies: First example: DISMRepairLogFile.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour ahead of actual time. However, the individual entries in the content of the file are correct. Second Example: SrtTrail.txt. The file timestamp shown in Windows Explorer is 1 hour...
  9. how to remove partitions from backup hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to remove partitions from backup hdd: I want to clear the partitions from a 1 tb backup drive I tried deleting the partitions by formatting them but it only removed the files in the partitions and the partitions are still there. see pic below How can I remove the 4 partitions so I can use the hdd to clone a...
  10. How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?: Hi all, Hoping for a bit of advice regarding using backups to restore data. I have recently had a partial HDD failure on my data drive, it is not fully backed up but my essentials are. I am currently xcopying the contents to a replacement HDD (which seems like it is...