Windows 10: How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

Discus and support How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by morrohval, Nov 9, 2019.

1. morrohval Win User

How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I click into the TAGS bar, and start entering a name, I get a pop-out list of all TAG suggestions starting with that letter that narrows down as I add more of the word. But as more and more people get added to the (good) TAG list, the misspelled one is taking up space. Where can I go in Win10 (updates up to Nov 2019) to see and remove unwanted TAGS so they are not "suggestions" and removed from the list? It seems reasonable that it would let me even DELETE the entire list and the list would rebuild with tags used in a folder so only a "live" list (yes, maybe even a misspelled one that still needs corrected) would soon repopulate.

IE: I added "Mark" and I added "John", then I was typing and realized that if I right-arrow over the semicolon I could add TAGS for John and Mark to a group of selected pictures, cutting out discrete clicks. In my haste I didn't hit the right-space between the names and then hit ENTER to tag the selected pictures. All TAGged as "John Mark"; I realized my mistake, deleted the tag and re-entered them as discrete tags. So, now, when I go to add a tag, and type in "m" there is a suggestion for all my tags that start with m, and "John Mark" is in the list. I want to remove "John Mark" as a suggested tag.

SO: How do I edit to remove bad TAG suggestions in Win10?

:)

morrohval, Nov 9, 2019

2. How can I reset the email address suggestion list or remove a misspelled email address?

Hello,

In the e-mail clients there's a suggestion list when I type the e-mail address (to/cc/bcc)... in this list there's a misspelled e-mail address, but I don't know how can I remove it... Please help How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list. :)

(WP7 - Mango)

Regards,

Norbert

Járja Norbert, Nov 9, 2019
  3. How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Nov 9, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list. - Similar Threads - remove bad misspelled

2. How to remove a word from text suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a word from text suggestion: I have a few words I need to remove from text suggestions. I do not want to turn off all the other suggestions. It seems to be an all or nothing thing. Please don't tell me once again how to turn it on and off. That is not what I am looking for. Isn't there some way to remove...
  3. How to remove a word from text suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a word from text suggestion: I have a few words I need to remove from text suggestions. I do not want to turn off all the other suggestions. It seems to be an all or nothing thing. Please don't tell me once again how to turn it on and off. That is not what I am looking for. Isn't there some way to remove...
  4. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  5. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  6. How to remove a word from text suggestion

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a word from text suggestion: Hi all,I enabled text suggestions in Settings > Device > Typing.I love this feature and want to continue use. But the problem is I can't manage the words. I want to remove some words/don't want to show some words in suggestions? How do I do that? I tried Google. But it gives...
  7. How to remove suggested titles from buffer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove suggested titles from buffer?: [ATTACH] I cleared the clipboard, but it still remeber this. How to clear it? https://preview.redd.it/rze42ybeuzk61.png?width=257&format=png&auto=webp&s=6a9b9478ff95a636dd9dd1f55820cd4ab8a6bb7e submitted by /u/mreck11 [link] [comments]...
  8. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  9. How to remove suggestions from lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove suggestions from lock screen: Whenever I open up my PC, I always get to see these tips from windows spotlight. Is there any way I could clean up this clutter? submitted by /u/AhmedKuttySpeaking [link] [comments]...
  10. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags "autofill" not listing tags: Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete suggested tags windows 10

2. remove misspelled tags from list