Windows 10: How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

Discus and support How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you notice an application icon or system icon with a blue and yellow shield (Icon overlay) at the corner, it means that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Michael Win User

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Blue and Yellow Shield

Hi Angelo,

The blue and yellow shield that shows on that icon is the UAC shield that is being placed on a desktop icon if the program requires permission from the user to run for the accounts protection. This is to prevent other users in accessing the program using
    their account. This cannot be removed by default.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 3, 2019
  4. How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

Yellow and blue Shield on game

I am not very computer savy but after installing age of mythology on my computer a yellow and blue shield icon appeared on it. I am the administrator for the computer and have tried to remove it but nothing I do seems to work. Computer is upgraded to windows
    ten and all other programs are working without issue it is just this one game that keeps being blocked. What methods can I use to remove this shield?

CatherineCline, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

1. How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - remove blue yellow

2. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  3. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  4. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  6. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  7. Blue and Yellow Flashing Shield on Taskbar.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blue and Yellow Flashing Shield on Taskbar.: I have Windows PowerShell pinned to the task bar. If I want to run an Administrator level session, I right-click on the taskbar icon, and select "Run as Administrator" from the list. A "User Account Control" dialog box will ask me to confirm running as administrator, and...
  8. Blue and Yellow Shield

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue and Yellow Shield: Blue and Yellow Shield Anytime I click a button with that shield next to it (like edit or change) it completely freezes the window, not allowing me to click anything or even close it, loads for multiple minutes, then says access is denied. I am trying to fix a big problem on...
  9. desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it

desktop icon has blue & yellow shield on it: Hello All, I have a program Netgear Prosafe VPN client. I have it installed on 2 Win 10 pc's On 1 pc the desktop icon has a yellow and blue shield on the lower right corner. I found that means the app will need elevated privileges to run it always prompts for admin acct...
  10. Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts: After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them? [img] EDIT: Here's a solution... Launch the shortcuts via CMD: Right-click the shortcut to Properties Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yellow blue shield on windows 10

2. remove blue yellow shield win 10 2020

3. how to remove yellow and blue shield icon

4. what is the blue and yellow flashes sheild,
  5. blue yellow shield icon remove,
  6. shield on icon windows 10,
  7. how to delete blue & yellow shield icon,
  8. remove blue and yellow shield,
  9. blue and yellow shield windows,
  10. remove yellow blue shield icon windows 8.1,
  11. how to remove a yellow and blue shield once password is typed in once,