Windows 10: How to remove child from non-accessible account

Discus and support How to remove child from non-accessible account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have an account in Microsoft Family that is not accessible. My child’s account is set there. Please help me to remove my child’s account from there... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BryanCruz2, Apr 13, 2019.

1. How to remove child from non-accessible account

We have an account in Microsoft Family that is not accessible. My child’s account is set there. Please help me to remove my child’s account from there and create another association using a different account. I am unable to invite him to my family because of that account

:)

BryanCruz2, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Remove Child Association from Non-Accessible Account

Hello SaraWysocki,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you're over the age of 18, you can remove yourself from your family if you have access to an Internet-enabled device running Windows 10. If you're the only adult in a family that includes children, you'll first need to remove the children
    from the family.

For you to remove the child account that is associated from a non-accessible account, you will first have to access the non-accessible account. To do that, you may refer the article on
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

After signing in to that non-accessible account, you can delete the child account that is a linked to it. To know more information on how to delete the Microsoft account, refer the article
    Remove members from your family group.

Additional Information: to know more about the Microsoft family settings, you may refer the article -

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Remove Child Association from Non-Accessible Account

My daughter's Microsoft account family association is set as a child of an account that is not accessible. How can the child association be removed and associated with a different account?

Somehow my daughter became a child of a nonsense account, now when I try to invite her to my family to take advantage of the Microsoft Office Family, she is unable to do so.

** Moved from: Office / My account, billing and sign-in / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home **

SaraWysocki, Apr 13, 2019
  4. dciarmoli Win User

How to remove child from non-accessible account

Remove Setting access on child's account

No, that didn't help.

it doesn't specifically state or explain how to block access to Settings on the child's account

other suggestions?

dciarmoli, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

How to remove child from non-accessible account

1. How to remove child from non-accessible account - Similar Threads - remove child non

2. Removing Admin access to Child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Admin access to Child's account: I have a Windows 10 computer with three accounts. My personal account, a childs account, and an admin account. I logged onto the child's account and I wanted to move some files. However, I received a message that I need admin privilege's, so I put in the password to move the...
  3. Removing Admin access to Child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Admin access to Child's account: I have a Windows 10 computer with three accounts. My personal account, a childs account, and an admin account. I logged onto the child's account and I wanted to move some files. However, I received a message that I need admin privilege's, so I put in the password to move the...
  4. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  5. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  6. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Remove a child account from computer

Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  8. Remove a child account from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  9. Remove Child Association from Non-Accessible Account

Remove Child Association from Non-Accessible Account: My daughter's Microsoft account family association is set as a child of an account that is not accessible. How can the child association be removed and associated with a different account? Somehow my daughter became a child of a nonsense account, now when I try to invite...
  10. Remove Child Association from Non-Assessible Account

Remove Child Association from Non-Assessible Account: My daughter's Microsoft account family association is set as a child of an account that is not accessible. How can the child association be removed and associated with a different account? Somehow my daughter became a child of a nonsense account, now when I try to invite...