Windows 10: How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

Discus and support How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParkKay, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ParkKay Win User

How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive".

:)

ParkKay, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi Dennis,

Deleting temporary files is one way of to free up space on your drive.

For us to properly isolate your concern and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you were running the Disk Cleanup utility?
    • Can you confirm that the only files you cannot delete were all temporary Internet files?
    • Was there a lock displayed beside the temporary Internet files?
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to run a disk clean up.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive

I have a problem with recent clean installations of Windows 10 on several Dell Notebooks; After the normal service pack updates, an item named "Compressed OS-Drive" wasting more
    than 5Gb on the drive, is impossible to clean out using any explorer Disc Clean function. It can be seen in the clean-up window, and it is selectable for cleaning, but it never disappears.

I have found out that when I clean install WIndows 10 1803, there is no such space wasted by "Compressed OS-Drive", but after the normal round of updates, first of all with 1083 update packages (pluss a
    lot of other stuff that MS is pushing out automatically), then when everything calms down and the computer finally asks for a restart - I checked again - and viola, the "Compressed OS-Drive" shows up again with nearly 5Gb of disk space wasted. And there is
    no way to clean it out.

I tried issuing this command from an elevated command prompt prior to connecting to internet (just to make sure no update could get in ahead of me):

c:/compact /compactOS:never

But to no avail. The updates still end up wasting nearly 5GB of compressed OS-Drive data.
    How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up? [​IMG]

I have several other PC's which has since many moth been running 1809, and none of them have this problem. It only happens now (after february) when installing new PC's.

VikingViking, Mar 11, 2019
  4. VikingOy Win User

How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

I have exactly the same problem (and the suggestion made by @Brink is a dead end.
    I have found out that when I clean install WIndows 10 1803, there is no such space wasted by "Compressed OS-Drive", but after the normal round of updates, first of all with 1083 update packages (pluss a lot of other stuff that MS is pushing out automatically), then when everything finally calms down and the computer finally asks for a restart - I checked again - and viola, the "Compressed OS-Drive" shows up again with nearly 5Gb of disk space wasted. And there is no way to clean it out.
    I tried issuing this command from an elevated command prompt prior to connecting to internet (just to make sure no update could get in ahead of me):
    c:/compact /compactOS:never
    But to no avail. The updates still waste nearly 5GB compressing the OD-Drive. *Mad
    I have several other PC's which has since many moth been running 1809, and none of them have this problem. It only happens now (after february) when installing new PC's.

VikingOy, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up? - Similar Threads - removeCompress driveand Temporary

2. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  3. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  4. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  6. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  7. temporary files clean up

temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  8. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  9. temporary files clean up

10. Clean up temporary files

Clean up temporary files: Dear support, I have a question about cleaning up the temporary files folder. Out of own habit and security/safety, i always clean up my temporary files before each restart or shutdown of my computer. Using the storage tab in setting. My question is, Is this bad to do so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compress your OS drive temporary file

2. compress your os drive delete

3. how to remove compress your os drive

4. compress your os drive,
  5. how to manually delete compressed os ,
  6. compress your os drive temporary files remove files,
  7. turn off auto compress in windows 10,
  8. compress your os drive in temp files remove windows 10?,
  9. how to delet compress your os drive,
  10. compress your os drive temporary files,
  11. how to removed compressed your os drive in disk clean up,
  12. after cloning my hdd to ssd i see compress your os drive in disk cleanup,
  13. is it a good or bad thing to delete the compress your os device files in the clean disk space?,
  14. delete compress your os drive,
  15. delete compress os drive