Windows 10: How to remove computers from Microsoft account

Discus and support How to remove computers from Microsoft account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am showing 4 or 5 computers in my Microsoft account How do I remove the ones I don't have anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcyG, Apr 8, 2020.

1. MarcyG Win User

How to remove computers from Microsoft account

I am showing 4 or 5 computers in my Microsoft account How do I remove the ones I don't have anymore

:)

MarcyG, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help & learning - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 8, 2020
  4. How to remove computers from Microsoft account

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

How to remove computers from Microsoft account

1. How to remove computers from Microsoft account - Similar Threads - remove computers Microsoft

2. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  3. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  4. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  5. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.: Hello, I've just recently finished an updated computer build in which I changed everything except for the GPU and Hard Disks I was using, and upon Windows 10 Pro install I am unable to activate Windows as the license I purchased has been utilized too many times, that being...
  6. how to remove a computer from my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a computer from my account: a dead machine is listed on my account the bozos at ms did nof include a delete function under the manage category https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-computer-from-my-account/d8e6c6c1-e5e8-4188-9530-d7201ad7e220"
  7. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I am selecting to remove all settings and files, however, windows 10 installs with sync ON by default. And it's loading ALL of...
  8. How to Remove an account from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove an account from computer: There is a work email account that I used in the past but it is no longer valid (I am not merely not using it, the actual account is no longer valid; it was deleted by the domain owner). However, my computer keeps trying to login to this account, then gives me an error...
  9. How to remove this account from my computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove this account from my computer!: I have a couple questions. (1) I have a new laptop, and I allowed my wife to use it for a bit for a project she needed to do. She kept saying, "I figured out all the passwords." I didn't know what that meant. I was very confused. After an hour or so I looked at the screen...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens if i remove microsoft account fro pc

2. remove microsoft account from pc

3. remove microsoft account from computer