How to remove context menu items from shell?

Discus and support How to remove context menu items from shell? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jj2016, Aug 1, 2018.

1. jj2016 Win User

I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x).

How to remove context menu items from shell? [​IMG]

:)

jj2016, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Crazy IT Dude Win User

I would like to add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu. Does anyone have instructions on how to do this. (The other posts in the community for shell editors did not work.)

Crazy IT Dude, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Nyima Yonten Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with managing Start Context menu items on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu", are you referring to add or remove the contents present in Start Menu?

If you want to manage the apps which will appear in Start Menu, then you can pin or unpin any apps from the Start Menu.

Step 2: To add the icons of any apps in the Start Menu.

1. Click on Search Menu.

2. Then type the name of apps which you want to add in Start Menu.

3. Right click on the name of apps and click on Pin to Start.

Step 2: Try to unpin the apps which you don't want to display in Start Menu.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Right click on any apps icons in the Start Menu.

3. Then click on Unpin from Start.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove context menu items from shell? - Similar Threads - remove context menu

2. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  3. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  4. Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21: gIiZhNyA9lI Inside Xbox kicks off one of the world’s largest video game shows with a live broadcast direct from Cologne, Germany on Tuesday, August 21 at 7:30 a.m. PDT/10:30 a.m. EDT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Our gamescom content will include the...
  5. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  6. OS selection menu not showing

OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...
  7. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  8. danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC: Are there any problems if I copy and paste the entire user directory from an old WIN 10 system to a new Win 10 system - different hardware...
  9. How to display on three screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display on three screens?: I am working off a lap top on a dock with two other screens. When I go to display setting it only recognizes 2 screens . How do I get it to "see" my three screens so I can display on all of them?...
  10. Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.: just bought a new laptop recently, just want to edit one of my old designed fonts, and change the details on the font, ive gone to edit remove info and it says i need to use admin acount (there is only 1 account) , so i am, then it says cant edit , need permission from...