Windows 10: How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

Discus and support How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have double icons for my laptop pointing device Synaptics v1.6 and Synatpicts v8.1. I want to delete these and just have one after a reinstall of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by corey407woc, Jul 19, 2015.

1. How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

I have double icons for my laptop pointing device Synaptics v1.6 and Synatpicts v8.1. I want to delete these and just have one after a reinstall of my laptop mouse trackpad drivers. I cant get rid of them, is there a way to get rid of them thanks

also tried the *.cpl thing i googled where you can delete them but didnt find anything

How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used? [​IMG]

sorry for the other attached image

:)

corey407woc, Jul 19, 2015

2. Problem in installing Canon PIXMA MX432 printer on Windows 10

Original title: Printer Icons in control panel

My Canon PIXMA MX432 printer quit printing, one solution was to delete the printer in the control panel and reinstall. I clicked remove all the printer icons from the control panel and attempted to reinstall the printer, however NOTHING works. I have the
    printer rehooked to my wireless network, but my laptop no longer has icons for a printer in the control panel, the install a new printer does not work as the laptop does not recognize the printer and I don't know what to do. I did download new drivers from
    Canon for the printer, thinking that would readd it, but it didn't. I am not real savvy about all this, so please be simple with a solution. Thanks!

DavidMorris1950, Jul 19, 2015
  3. How to Remove Yahoo! Powered from Control Panel.

Oh awesome! Have yourself a great rest of your day, and please leave a positive review if possible!

Thanks!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

Hello Corey,

Have you already tried uninstalling them from Programs and Features?

If so, then you can use the same method below to hide any Control Panel icon you don't want to show. *Smile

Control Panel - Hide Icon

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think the control panel items are xxxxx.cpl files - search on those and delete the offending items.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used?

1. How to Remove Control Panel Icons no longer used? - Similar Threads - Remove Control Panel

2. How do I remove an icon from the control panel??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an icon from the control panel??: I removed flash player from my systems. However the flash player 32 bit icon remains in the control panel. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-icon-from-the-control-panel/82a64703-bad6-46b3-9f99-b2da07fa0b3b
  3. Control Panel Icons

Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  4. How can i remove an unwanted section in Control Panel Large icons?

How can i remove an unwanted section in Control Panel Large icons?: Recently i wanted to unistall some programs from control panel and suddenly i observed that i have an blank icon with the name Mail Microsoft Outlook 2016 32- bit..., and i want to remove it from the contorl panel section because i use the Windows 10 Mail App. here is a...
  5. Themes no longer in control panel

Themes no longer in control panel: Greetings! First, thank you for having a forum for helping those of us who can't leave anything alone. *Huh Now onto my query... I stupidly tried to copy a theme file into Windows/Resources/Themes. Following this idiotic act, my themes and display options no longer...
  6. Change Control Panel Icon

Change Control Panel Icon: Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit? Thanks 43982
  7. how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel: I have a duplicate icon (Desktop Gadgets) that I would like to physically remove (not just hide) from the control panel, together with three empty folders (Windows Update, Performance Information and Tools, Biometrics). The icon is not a .cpl file, but an .exe file. 93846
  8. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...
  9. How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?: I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago. 72706
  10. No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel: Hmmn? I noticed Win 10 installed its own digitally signed driver says its the latest 5.362 but date is 22/07/2015 Downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia for my GTX970 shockingly my system reports that I can't install them. I don't know how I'm going to get the...