Windows 10: How to remove current user

Discus and support How to remove current user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I just bought a computer and I want to remove the person whos login information it has on it and put mine on it.It is windows 10 Pro and I have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DementedDawgg, Aug 4, 2021.

1. How to remove current user

Hi I just bought a computer and I want to remove the person whos login information it has on it and put mine on it.It is windows 10 Pro and I have the person I bought it from passwords and pin

:)

DementedDawgg, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to remove current user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

How to remove current user

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

How to remove current user

1. How to remove current user - Similar Threads - remove current user

2. How to remove a user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  3. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  4. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  6. how to remove a user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a user: I have somehow acquired an unwanted user on my laptop and cannot remove https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-user/e1be7497-0b78-4922-91e5-d7e5134ce4e4
  7. How to remove a user permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user permanently: I purchased my laptop about 5 years ago. I am the Administrator and only user. About 2 years ago a new user popped up, this is a person I knew but has no reason to be a User of this laptop. I keep removing them as a user but every now and then they pop up again. My main...
  8. change current user keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change current user keyboard: my windows 10 HP laptop key board changed without notice I cannot fix it, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-current-user-keyboard/904f4de6-0538-4ed0-99bf-799cf11adce9
  9. switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    switch users; how to tell others currently in background?: Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity? Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out. John pops in and switches to his account for a quick todo. He signs out. Joe arrives, logs in, does his business, and then...
  10. How to remove entries from current boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove entries from current boot menu: I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ? Thanks....TiminAz 36496

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removed answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ search removed