Windows 10: How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

Discus and support How to remove defunct Email Address from Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here. Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now. Associated with my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Artificer, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Artificer Win User

How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here.

Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now.
    Associated with my Windows 10 Account I have a defunct Email Address.
    I have added the Email Address from my new ISP but cannot remove the old defunct address.

Help would be appreciated.

:)

Artificer, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Mal2166 Win User

Change account email address

When trying to an an alias email as a step towards removing a now defunct email address, I get this message "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."

The email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

any idea how to resolve?

Cheers

Mal

Mal2166, Oct 22, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 22, 2019
  4. How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

Hello Greg,

No matter how I access the link to the email account, it takes me to that same error website.

No that email was not local to my PC, it was a Microsoft email account from my old employer who does not use that service anymore. I could access that email account from my computer at that time. Since the company changed computer systems
    and stopped using Microsoft 360 I have been getting the error messages on my window 10 email. I went to the site you recommended,

https://www.howtogeek.com/227763/how-to-complet... but they had steps to remove a USER from windows, not a defunct email account
    from my single user pc.

I also tried your suggestion of using netplwiz, but that just displayed my default USER account only. The account I'm trying to delete is an email account that window keeps telling me to fix.

Can you help me with that?

Thank You

E Roberts

EverettRoberts, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

1. How to remove defunct Email Address from Account - Similar Threads - remove defunct Email

2. Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles: I am trying ultimately reset my password for my Microsoft Account, However I no longer have access to my email account.My autofill passwords no longer work.I have tried to reset the old email through their services, and can not.I have tried the recovery form several times...
  3. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  4. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  5. Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ": Hi,I received a mail from the abovementioned address with no subject. I am quoting the message below." 1 You can meet with anyone in a 1:1 call and speak up to 24 hours for free. For a group call more than two people, you can meet with up to 100 participants and...
  6. email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi, I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and wanted to know if this is a legitimate microsoft email. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-from/ac0e0d24-3bdd-473a-948f-77c75c7984c4
  7. Remove defunct MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove defunct MS account: Hi - My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't get into it. But it's the administrator account so it seems I can't do anything without accessing it. I did manage to close...
  8. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  9. Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.: I am unable to remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail, the email account is no longer valid so I could not log in if I did have the password. Windows 10 keeps insisting that I log in, but that account does not exist any longer. How can I detach it...
  10. Removing Default email address from Email & Apps accounts

Removing Default email address from Email & Apps accounts: Hello, my situation ... I have a Windows10 - Machine and the Logon is done by a local Account ... "ZZZ-SSW-TEST-04\local_admin" Since a long time I also bound the Live-ID "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" to the machine. The Live-ID cannot be remove cause...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removal of defunct email

2. how to remove from email and accounts