Windows 10: HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu

Discus and support HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I am using WIN10 64-bit build 18363.657 (1909). I have been attempting to DISABLE the start BUTTON right click context menu by using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SSN651, Feb 19, 2020.

1. SSN651 Win User

HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu

Greetings,

I am using WIN10 64-bit build 18363.657 (1909).

I have been attempting to DISABLE the start BUTTON right click context menu by using Registry Editor (REGEDIT).

All I can locate is the following (which does not prevent the right click), even after logging off and restarting the computer.

Code:
    Any assistance is MUCH appreciated.

PS I am attempting to do this for school computers to limit the students from venturing into the depths.

:)

SSN651, Feb 19, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu :)

Necrofire, Feb 19, 2020
  4. HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu

Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

In some applications (Office 2010, Adobe Reader DC) right-clicking on the screen shows a context menu but then usually hides it again. Holding the right button down or double-clicking sometimes makes the menu stay after the button is released, and sometimes the context menu remains visible after a single right-click. In other applications (eg Notepad, Paint) the context menu does not disappear after a single right-button click

I have tried using ShellExView to disable all 3rd party context menus, as has been suggested as a remedy for this problem, but this does not change the behaviour.

Simon Kravis, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu

1. HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu - Similar Threads - remove disable Start

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU: Hi , Even I had deleted x64dbg till then its icon is [ATTACH]coming in context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-right-click-context-menu/7ff3a9f5-bef2-400e-8be0-15f0e92573f1
  5. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  6. Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the right-click […] This article Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  9. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  10. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...