Windows 10: How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?

Discus and support How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've got a problem. As you can see, I have three languages layouts. Polish, Ukrainian, English. The only difference between Polish and English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrii Shtokalo, Aug 3, 2022.

1. How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?

Hey, I've got a problem. As you can see, I have three languages layouts. Polish, Ukrainian, English. The only difference between Polish and English layouts is that you need to press extra button to use specific polish symbols such as ż, ź, ś, ł. Also I have English as displayed language of system and I want it to be as this is. I just want to remove English from language selector so I would have only 2 layouts to select. If I remove English from language settings:It will delete English from my computer completely. I don't need this. I just want to remove English from layout selector. Waiting

:)

Andrii Shtokalo, Aug 3, 2022

2. Remove unnecessary language layout

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2022
  3. ryloth Win User
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10? [​IMG]

ryloth, Aug 3, 2022
  4. HEM
    HeM Win User

How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?

Removing unwanted keyboard layout

@JaJe,
    I think, you have to read above tutorial more carefully...*Smile
    From that:

Thema:

How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?

1. How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10? - Similar Threads - remove displaying unwanted

2. unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?: hiI prefer my PC be in English, but I live in Finland, so I have only the Finnish keyboards to use.Windows however has decided that I must need the US layout, as well as the US Zimbabwe layout for some reason.it's really annoying since the language swaps sometimes and then...
  3. unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unwanted input language layouts. how to remove?: hiI prefer my PC be in English, but I live in Finland, so I have only the Finnish keyboards to use.Windows however has decided that I must need the US layout, as well as the US Zimbabwe layout for some reason.it's really annoying since the language swaps sometimes and then...
  4. How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove displaying of unwanted language layout in windows 10?: Hey, I've got a problem. As you can see, I have three languages layouts. Polish, Ukrainian, English. The only difference between Polish and English layouts is that you need to press extra button to use specific polish symbols such as ż, ź, ś, ł. Also I have English as...
  5. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unnecessary language layouts?: How to remove unnecessary language layouts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unnecessary-language-layouts/b6a59c09-4fee-4520-9db4-69d4e2e2e7b7
  6. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unnecessary language layouts?: How to remove unnecessary language layouts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unnecessary-language-layouts/b6a59c09-4fee-4520-9db4-69d4e2e2e7b7
  7. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to remove unwanted input languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove unwanted input languages: Hello, can anybody instruct me how to remove the VIE and ENG US input in the taskbar? They just appeared automatically there even I don't have them in my settings. [ATTACH]...
  9. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  10. Remove Unwanted Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Unwanted Languages: Good day, I have a HP notebook that I upgraded to windows 10, version 1803 home edition. I am trying to figure out why I am getting multiple languages downloaded when I think I have all the settings set to US (English). I have attached a .doc file that list the files that are...