Windows 10: How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

Discus and support How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 to ver.1803.xxx I get these 2 circular arrows next to every Icon Label. They only appear on Icon Labels INSIDE a folder. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theo54au, Sep 5, 2018.

1. theo54au Win User

How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

After updating Windows 10 to ver.1803.xxx I get these 2 circular arrows next to every Icon Label. They only appear on Icon Labels INSIDE a folder. When I move the Icon out out the folder to the Desktop the arrows are gone. When I move them back in a folder they re-appear. They don't seem to have any function.
    Q. What are the doing there?
    Q. What is their function
    Q. How do I remove them.

They are NOT the usual "Link" arrows.

Here a screenshot:
    How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder 24fy98k.jpg

How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder 24fy98k.jpg

Thanks How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder :)

:)

theo54au, Sep 5, 2018
  2. fastpuppy Win User

Mysterious Blue Double-Arrows Added to Windows Desktop File & Folder Icons

The fact that Microsoft released something like this with no documentation, no notice, no off-switch, etc... shows that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

The fact that the solutions for this involve either registry hacks or widespread decompression of files is idiocy.

The fact that people putting themselves forward as "experts" without doing even a cursory google search is asinine.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PROVIDE AN ANSWER!

• norton has nothing to do with this
    • it involves compressed files
    • it is part of windows
    Yes Norton is one of the worst pieces of software on the market but this situation cropped up after an update so the solution
    obviously would not have been in lanedog33's 2010
    post.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature should be able to deduce this quickly enough.

2 example posts of what is out there:

Windows 10 and the Double Arrow icon of death

http://nerdshack.info/windows-10-and-double-arrow-icon-of-death/

November 29th, 2015

"Somewhere in the recent TH2 builds a new overlay was introduced to indicate compressed files/folders."

“TH2” or “the real Windows 10”

Change or Remove Double Blue Arrows Icon on Compressed Files and Folders in Windows 10

Change or Remove Double Blue Arrows Icon on Compressed Files and Folders in Windows 10

03/01/2016

the compressed folders will display blue arrows at the top right corner of the folders

fastpuppy, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 5, 2018
  4. How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

Mysterious Blue Double-Arrows Added to Windows Desktop File & Folder Icons

I really appreciate your help _DKP_ but do you think that a 85 years old woman will do that? Microsoft, is it the more intelligent way to fix this mess? Again... we are building a river under the bridge. For who that has nothing more to do than use Windows
    as a LEGO, it's very interesting.

ArtFernandes, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

1. How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder - Similar Threads - remove double arrows

2. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  3. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  4. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove the double arrow from image preview

How to remove the double arrow from image preview: Hi everyone, I have some weird double arrow icon on files like images and documents. Microsoft support could not find the cause and not even in Google images search I could not find anything similar. The issue started from the first time I switched on the terminal after the...
  6. Blue Double-Arrows Added to all my File & Folder Icons

Blue Double-Arrows Added to all my File & Folder Icons: Hi, I am using windows 10 20H2 OS build 19042.985today suddenly Blue Double-Arrows added to all icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-double-arrows-added-to-all-my-file-folder/42fc2bb3-1a8c-484e-afd0-2072da0476bb
  7. How to remove arrow icons on file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove arrow icons on file icons: Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-arrow-icons-on-file-icons/083a0ea5-3b3e-43e7-998b-f74239d0adfa"
  8. Office 2010 double arrow icons

Office 2010 double arrow icons: Hi, i have a little problem. I have installed 4 days ago Office 2010(32 bit) on my laptop and when i put the office 2010 icons on desktop, they appear with two blue arrows. How i can resolve it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option): Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I...
  10. How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.

How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.: I'm posting this as an answer in the questions section because I believe that more people will see it there than in the discussions section. Recently I noticed that my icons on my desktop had a pair of blue arrows in the top right corner. This was also true for my documents...