Windows 10: How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

Discus and support How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have two identical entries in the "uninstall and change a program" list. No disaster, but just wondering how that can happen? And another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kvenl, Jun 15, 2020.

1. kvenl Win User

How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

Hello,

I have two identical entries in the "uninstall and change a program" list.
    No disaster, but just wondering how that can happen?

And another program that has been overwritten (not uninstalled) by a newer version: how can the old entry be removed from that list?

Windows 10 -1903

Thanks!

Regards,

Kees

:)

kvenl, Jun 15, 2020
  2. CWCUMMINS Win User

Windows Mobile 6.1 . I cannot remove Uninstalled Software from Apllication Uninstall list

This worked! This was the only place left that the offending entry seems to have existed which made it appear in the uninstall programs list. Thanks so much! After doing all the registry editing that was suggested in this thread, THIS WORKED! Of course,
    one will want to delete the rogue registry entries as well, but this is the step necessary to remove it once and for all from the uninstall programs list. Thanks again!

CWCUMMINS, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Jun 15, 2020
  4. How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

1. How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software - Similar Threads - remove double entries

2. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  3. Double entry and clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double entry and clicking: my cat walked across my keyboard and now when I type, each entry is noted with an audible "click" and I am also not able to type double keys , i.e. can not type "letter" without typing "letspace" then backspace to delete the space then finish with"ter". I cannot backspace...
  4. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...
  5. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  6. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  7. Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?: Hey guys, Just upgraded to Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel like the Windows program uninstaller doesn't do this (although correct me if I am wrong). I just want to keep this PC as clean...
  8. Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software

Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software: Hi all I recently uninstalled Kies from my laptop. Not long ago, on bootup, a popup asked did I want to run MASetupCleaner.exe. I declined. Then I went online and discovered it was a Kies file. I found two items in Task Manager, Startup Tab, called "Program" and brought...
  9. Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list

Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list: Lately I've started having the following issue: When I click "Uninstall" in the "Uninstall or change program" utility in the control panel, it only removes the entry instantly, but nothing happens, and the program remains on the PC What is it? Thanks 80064
  10. Double entries in directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double entries in directory: Hi Chaps apologies if this has been asked before, but here goes. I recently upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. It would seem to have been successful, and I am pleased with the outcome. Just noticed a little quirk, and need advice. When I plug in a USB memory...