Windows 10: How to remove dual boot mode?

Discus and support How to remove dual boot mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title says, how do you remove the dual boot? I've had phoenix os installed a long time ago but, I deleted last year but up to now I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bncbrns, May 1, 2020.

1. bncbrns Win User

How to remove dual boot mode?

As the title says, how do you remove the dual boot?

I've had phoenix os installed a long time ago but, I deleted last year but up to now I'm still getting the dual boot mode and I don't have the phoenix os on my laptop anymore not even the files.

I've done several things such as checking the MSCONFIG and turns out, only Windows is there. I've also checked DISK MANAGEMENT and there's no partition for the phoenix os anymore and I also downloaded the easybcd and it's not detecting the os. The last thing I did is check the BIOs and phoenix is there but, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help me as it's quite annoying to see the dual boot mood.

Thank you in advance.

:)

bncbrns, May 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 1, 2020
  3. Help on Dual Boot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to dual boot the computer.

I would like to inform you that, it is possible to install Windows 10, only if Windows XP is preinstalled on the computer. If
    you are trying to install Windows XP just to run a particular software, I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 1, 2020
  4. How to remove dual boot mode?

Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, May 1, 2020
Thema:

How to remove dual boot mode?

1. How to remove dual boot mode? - Similar Threads - remove dual boot

2. Help me to remove dual boot ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me to remove dual boot ?: So actually I had to install Ubuntu but not on dual boot so what happened when my work was die o tried to reinstall windows 11 using a bootable usb when the process ended it took me to a screen where it asked me to choose one operating system windows on volume 3 or windows...
  3. Removing CentOS Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing CentOS Dual Boot: Hello! I have a Dell Precision 3551, which I dual booted to run CentOS 8 with Windows 10. Now that I don't need Linux, I needed to remove the dual boot. I deleted the partition and created Windows 10 installation media on a USB. BUT... After booting to my USB, going to...
  4. How to remove fedora dual boot bios screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove fedora dual boot bios screen: I've installed fedora as a dual boot recently and since my keyboard doesn't start up in time, and because fedora is on the top of the list it just start it up, which I do not want. I've tried a lot of methods on youtube and here and they don't work. The os doesn't even...
  5. Remove Linux Dual Boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Linux Dual Boot issue: Hello, so I want to remove my linux dual boot and so I tried to follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWe9zlSmzjA The issue is when I get to do the bootrec /fixmbr command it comes up with "The system cannot find the file specified" My current dual boot...
  6. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint in a dual boot. submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g11m44/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  7. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I currently have Windows 10 and Linux Mint installed, I want to remove Linux Mint. submitted by /u/captain_degenerate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr0hk9/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  8. Dual boot remove

Dual boot remove: Hi ...anyone help me to remove window 10 and kali dual boot...i want only windows 10 [ Moved from: Mobile devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown ]...
  9. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  10. Remove dual boot - Ubuntu

Remove dual boot - Ubuntu: Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been doing a lot of reading on...