Windows 10: How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?

Discus and support How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pietcorus2, Jun 25, 2020.

1. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?

How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the standard browsers ; IE11 , Edge Legacy ( recommended) , Edge .
    The point is , Edge Legacy does not function anymore , its been replaced by Edge Chromium , when choosing for Edge Legacy , you get the Edge Chromium ...............so , this choise Edge Legacy is no use at all ........
    All files and folders of Edge Legacy will remain in the OS , only icon which is replaced by the new Edge is the contextmenu icon in .pdf-files ; "open with ".
    My question is ; how (?) to remove the Edge-Legacy icon in the standard browsers , its bloated and has no use at all , anymore !

:)

pietcorus2, Jun 25, 2020

2. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser.

Remove Edge_Click Here

ĀnishAhmed, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ?

1. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? - Similar Threads - remove Edge Legacy

2. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser: I see the above question frequently and want to share what worked for me. Somehow my kid installed something called "Wavebrowser." I went to Add/Remove and uninstalled Wavebrowser also immediately restarted Windows just in case it would help and the "Yahoo Hijacking Microsoft...
  3. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser: I see the above question frequently and want to share what worked for me. Somehow my kid installed something called "Wavebrowser." I went to Add/Remove and uninstalled Wavebrowser also immediately restarted Windows just in case it would help and the "Yahoo Hijacking Microsoft...
  4. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to remove the Edge Browser from Windows 10 Pro

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove the Edge Browser from Windows 10 Pro: I would like to remove Microsoft's Edge Browser form my computer. I have no use for it, I am hard core Firefox user and it seems every time I click on link in web page, it open in Edge. I have went and set Firefox as the preferred web browser and all. I just want that most...
  6. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?: How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choise ? When Edge Chromium is also installed , I can choose between 3 browsers , when looking in the standard browsers ; IE11 , Edge Legacy ( recommended) , Edge . The point is , Edge Legacy does not function anymore , its been...
  7. Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?: My Legacy Edge browser is falling apart. The share and printing features completely stopped working. Id like to remove it completely and install the new Chromium-based Edge (Stable). I really don't like the idea of having both browsers installed on the same machine....
  8. Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser: I somehow managed to get an infection of DNS Unlocker on my laptop. Using various products (Malware bytes McAfee etc) I have managed to eradicate it from most places (Firefox now clean etc.) but it is still, obstinately and persistently present in the Windows 10 Edge browser....
  9. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...
  10. How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?: Hi I am wanting to remove or at least disable edge browser in Windows 10. I will never use this web browser and so would like to get it out of the way. Thanks for the help*Smile 15999