Windows 10: How to remove EFI System Partition

Discus and support How to remove EFI System Partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem did not exist before but I must have messed something up. How it looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/mXvgQBY.png How it used to look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jerrygang1, Sep 7, 2020.

1. How to remove EFI System Partition

This problem did not exist before but I must have messed something up.

How it looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/mXvgQBY.png

How it used to look (from another pc): https://i.imgur.com/RuvuIWf.png

Is there anyway to transfer the EFI things into the C drive? I have tried multiple diskpart tutorials but Windows wouldn't let me delete it and I think the reason for that might be that it contains the boot files.

I have tried reinstalling Windows fresh from a USB but it didn't remove the EFI. It also creates a 50MB recovery partition but that I was able to delete via CMD Diskpart.

submitted by /u/jerrygang1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jerrygang1, Sep 7, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile How to remove EFI System Partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Formating Efi system partition as FAT32

During an install you can remove all the critical partitions, of which the EFI System partition is one. You do not have to pre-format a drive during an install. Just remove the Critical partitions ( MSR, EFI, Recovery and OS)and leave unallocated space.
    The install will take care of the rest.

You can delete the partition and use the Diskpart create partition EFI command with qualifiers, if necessary. If you have already created the partition, try using Diskpart from a command prompt (Shift+F10 during the install) and format.

If you need to convert a drive from MBR to GPT or vice versa, you need to remove ALL partitions.

Saltgrass, Sep 7, 2020
  4. graye Win User

How to remove EFI System Partition

EFI System Partition

So, an EFI system partition is perfectly normal on a Windows 10 disk (I assumed you've done an internet search and discovered that this partition is for booting your system).

Are you trying to backup the contents of this partition?.... if so, what software are you using?

graye, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

How to remove EFI System Partition

1. How to remove EFI System Partition - Similar Threads - remove EFI System

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System, EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  6. How to move EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move EFI System Partition: Hello. I would like to move EFI System Partition from Disk 1 HDD - GPT to SSD Disk 0 to unallocated space. How can I do it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-efi-system-partition/e51edcaf-24b6-4ade-bbc4-a6a96d649d09
  7. How to move EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move EFI System Partition?: I'm in a bit of a weird situation. A couple of months ago, I did a fresh install of Win10 onto a new 1TB M.2 SSD I had recently bought, wanting to use the old 500GB SATA SSD for something else. The computer runs flawlessly and boots up quickly (besides asking me which...
  8. Removing old EFI System partition and converting 3 partitions into 1.

Removing old EFI System partition and converting 3 partitions into 1.: I recently upgraded my PC by installing an m.2 SSD which upon I reinstalled Windows 10. The PC works great, load times are almost nonexistent and I'm very happy. My problem is now with the old regular SSD. It was set into 3 partitions, a ~370MB reserved drive partition 1, a...
  9. How do i remove efi system partition, unallocated space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i remove efi system partition, unallocated space: Hi, ive run into a bit of a problem. how do i remove the efi 100mb healthy file system? Also, i know how to convert a dynamic disk to a basic disk, but the option is greyed out. also, it wont let me extend the partition. i was mucking around with dual booting windows 7. i...
  10. How to "move" an EFI system partition

How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...