Windows 10: How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt?

Discus and support How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop that has an email account signed in for local account. I want to remove this email account but I couldn't find the way.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DabLRT, Oct 22, 2020.

1. DabLRT Win User

How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt?

I have a windows 10 laptop that has an email account signed in for local account.

I want to remove this email account but I couldn't find the way.

How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt? 5918b09a-8c85-46ee-a4a3-7b94615d30eb?upload=true.png

How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt? cbd14e62-4183-458c-934c-1456e433a751?upload=true.png

What should I do now?

:)

DabLRT, Oct 22, 2020

2. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 22, 2020
  4. How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt?

Remove local account from welcome screen?

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

I suggest you to restart your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to login from your Microsoft account and try to remove the local account.

To remove the local account, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• On the pop up window type netplwiz and hit enter.

• From the pop up window select the account you want to remove.

• Hit remove.
    Disclaimer: Removing the user account may lead to data loss.

Hope this solves the issue, please let us know if the issue still exists. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt?

1. How to remove email account for Windows 10 local acocunt? - Similar Threads - remove email account

2. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  3. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  4. How to update email in my Local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update email in my Local account: How can I update my email in my Local account without losing any data and user interface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-email-in-my-local-account/9cd1f7eb-52b5-4519-8a40-ddbc89a469a2
  5. How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10: I believe this problem is the same as the one described here:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account? - Microsoft CommunityHowever, I don't believe that the answers understood the problem, so I am trying again with this question. Both my PC and laptop are...
  6. Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

Remove email account linked to my local Windows account: Good day, Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account? Because of this Microsoft family is automatically activated with restrictions applicable for my son as the email address is his. Thanks in advance...
  7. Local account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local account email: Can I change the email associated with a Local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-email/aa10d087-d852-4e85-8b0b-d54c6a4779bd
  8. Removing local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing local account: When I start my windows, I am having two options to sign in, one local account and one Microsoft Hotmail account. When I went to the settings/account to remove the local account I am not able to find it. Am I missing something or is there any other way to remove the local...
  9. Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account: At some point one of my siblings logged onto their Microsoft account from my PC, and for some reason it attached their email to my local user account instead of my actual email. https://i.imgur.com/6ES1gy0.png Now I can't remove their email and I can't make mine the primary...
  10. Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10 How to Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC....