Windows 10: How to remove email address from windows login

Discus and support How to remove email address from windows login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Canman93, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Canman93 Win User

How to remove email address from windows login

Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build.

Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen?

I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy toggle under sign-in was toggled to no effect. There should be something very simple to prevent your information from showing if chosen. Just show my name not my email address.

Thanks for any help

:)

Canman93, Aug 22, 2019

2. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 22, 2019
  3. How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

1. How to remove email address from windows login - Similar Threads - remove email address

2. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  3. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  4. Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ": Hi,I received a mail from the abovementioned address with no subject. I am quoting the message below." 1 You can meet with anyone in a 1:1 call and speak up to 24 hours for free. For a group call more than two people, you can meet with up to 100 participants and...
  5. Remove email address from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove email address from Windows 10: Good morning, I have an old college email address that has been remotely deactivated. Meaning there is no email address or password to login to. I am getting the "account problem" message every time I boot up. I cannot remove it the traditional way, so can someone...
  6. email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi, I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and wanted to know if this is a legitimate microsoft email. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-from/ac0e0d24-3bdd-473a-948f-77c75c7984c4
  7. How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account: Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here. Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now. Associated with my Windows 10 Account I have a defunct Email Address. I have added the Email Address from my new ISP but cannot remove the old...
  8. How to remove email address from windows login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  9. Remove email address from Windows

Remove email address from Windows: Hello I am under Windows 10 V. 1903. I am on a local account, in this case the Administrator account and I connected once (unfortunately) with my outlook.com email on the Windows store. Since this blunder, my Outlook address appears associated with the Administrator account...
  10. Login Win 10 email address removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Win 10 email address removal: When I go to log in into my Windows 10, my email address shows .. is there I way to remove or change to a username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-win-10-email-address-removal/d07849b7-26cf-494b-9600-8988864aab33

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete auto-fill email address Windows 10

2. how to delete an email address in the phone