Windows 10: How to remove ENG CMS

Discus and support How to remove ENG CMS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YvesB, Apr 26, 2019.

1. YvesB Win User

How to remove ENG CMS

Hi,

My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout.

When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG.

How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT + SHIFT 3 times instead of 2 to switch between FRA and ENG.

Thanks

:)

YvesB, Apr 26, 2019
  2. PM_594 Win User

How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

Thank you for the suggestion. This is similar to all forum posts on this topic. The problem is in Windows 10, the keyboard listing shows something like:

1) English (United States)

US Keyboard

2) English (Canada)

CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard

3) English (Canada)

US Keyboard

It is possible to go into Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language and add or remove English (Canada) and option 3 will appear or disappear from the tray. It is also possible to add or remove input settings for CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard
    for English (Canada) within the control panel and from settings. However, option 2 never gets removed from the tray at the bottom of the screen. Even with option 1 set as the default Windows keeps switching to option 2.

PM_594, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Alice1934 Win User
    cant remove english cms from windows 10

I have English US selected but suddenly I get canadian CMS I have tried the ctrl trick and changing the language which has now appeared on the task bar. I also tried the language settings but Canadian CMS does not appear on the language list just the English US

Alice1934, Apr 26, 2019
  4. How to remove ENG CMS

How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

I found a simpler solution than what was provided by Microsoft (not a big surprise there).

• Open Settings.
    • Click "Time & Language"
    • Click "Region & Language"
    • Click "English Canada", then "Options"
    • Click "CMS" then "Remove"

It's a shame Microsoft employees don't know their operating systems as well as their users.

AlexGabriel1977, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

How to remove ENG CMS

1. How to remove ENG CMS - Similar Threads - remove ENG CMS

2. How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2: [IMG] [ATTACH] There is a ENG icon in my taskbar, how do I remove that? I searched community and there was a old post on this one but that doesn't work for me....
  3. Cannot remove ENG-US

Cannot remove ENG-US: Win10 build 19041. I'm using two input language ENG-UK as default and Chinese. It's also showing the same with only two languages in preferred languages in Settings. However, English United States shows up in input method list constantly. I've tried uninstalling in lpksetup,...
  4. How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hua8dn/how_to_remove_eng_icon_from_the_taskbar/
  5. Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.: I've added ENG US but I can't make it the primary. It just always selects International no matter how many times I go through and set US as the primary/only language selected. Thoughts? submitted by /u/StOoPiD_U [link] [comments]...
  6. How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray

How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray: I reset my Win10 laptop back to factory and wiped all of my personal data so I could send it in for repairs. I don't know why or how it happened, but during the reinstallation process I suddenly had "ENG US" and "ENG CS" (Czech) come up as my two language options. Now "ENG...
  7. cant remove english cms from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    cant remove english cms from windows 10: cant remove english cms from windows 10 114174
  8. How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?: I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png 89288
  9. ENG

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG: Since the latest big update, I now have the ENG icon in the notification area. I can turn it off with the Input Indicator in settings, but every time I reboot it reappears. How do I get rid of it permanently? Thank You 30609
  10. ENG icon

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG icon: I have just got a new computer and am trying to get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area. If I turn the Input Indicator off in system icons, it goes away, but when I restart it re-appears and indicator has turned back on. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank You...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove cms keyboard