Windows 10: How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

Discus and support How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hua8dn/how_to_remove_eng_icon_from_the_taskbar/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comboxer, Jul 19, 2020.

1. How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

/u/Comboxer, Jul 19, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png

THX1138, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

Thank you for that tip. I use the UK English language with a choice of ENG UK, ENG INTL and ENG US keyboards. The spurious fourth 'hidden' US keyboard (just plain ENG) that kept appearing had been bugging me.

It's gone now, along with another problem I'd been having since the Creators Update. The WinKey + spacebar shortcut to switch keyboards was working, but didn't show the list of available keyboards on a first press of the keys. It wouldn't appear until the second press, making it difficult to see which one was being selected. That too is back to normal now.

4. W1zzard Win User

How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar?

1. How to remove 'ENG' icon from the taskbar? - Similar Threads - remove 'ENG' icon

2. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  3. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  4. How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?: At the right corner, there is an ENG IN button, I'm not able to hide it.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-eng-button-from-taskbar/2def9a03-6fea-4c02-b3d2-59d20a38d555
  5. How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide ENG button from taskbar ?: At the right corner, there is an ENG IN button, I'm not able to hide it.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-eng-button-from-taskbar/2def9a03-6fea-4c02-b3d2-59d20a38d555
  6. How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove "ENG" from taskbar in 20H2: [IMG] [ATTACH] There is a ENG icon in my taskbar, how do I remove that? I searched community and there was a old post on this one but that doesn't work for me....
  7. How to remove ENG CMS

How to remove ENG CMS: Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG. How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT...
  8. How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?: I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png 89288
  9. ENG icon

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG icon: I have just got a new computer and am trying to get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area. If I turn the Input Indicator off in system icons, it goes away, but when I restart it re-appears and indicator has turned back on. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank You...
  10. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554