Windows 10: How to remove English UK keyboard?

Discus and support How to remove English UK keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenediktasBelevicius, Aug 25, 2021.

1. How to remove English UK keyboard?

I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can anyone tell me why EnglishUK layout appeared there and how do I get rid of it? I think it was after I typed something with Japanese keyboard but not really sure...Some info: I can't see EnglishUK keyboard in my Language settingsLanguage bar settings does not find EnglishUK eitherI tried switching regions but it didn't

:)

BenediktasBelevicius, Aug 25, 2021

2. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Hey,

I updated my Windows 10 with the latest update over the weekend.

When I signed in today I found that my Default language was changed from English (US) to English (UK) and that the English(UK) keyboard was added as well.

I managed to change the default language back to English (US) by downloading the language pack but I can't seem to remove the UK keyboard at all.

When clicking the keyboard the Remove option is grayed out (as is the US keyboard's option).

To add to the weirdness, I also have another keyboard layout that doesn't appear in the list of keyboards or their Options.

Help?

Ashi Atlas, Aug 25, 2021
  3. 321dome Win User
    Multiple English keyboard

Yes, I had US keyboard and I needed to remove US keyboard and add UK keyboard (which I already had) and then remove both to be left with Hebrew only, and then used 2nd method to add US/EN keyboard.
    Thank you all for you help

321dome, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

How to remove English UK keyboard?

Multiple English keyboard

Before removing the English [UK] keyboard layout, do confirm that your keyboard is not an English [UK] one.
    - On English [UK] keyboards the 2 key also has the " symbol on it.
    - On English [US] keyboards the 2 key also has the @ symbol on it.
    If yours is not an English [UK] layout then the Tutorial you have a link to is the right way to go.

Denis

Thema:

How to remove English UK keyboard?

1. How to remove English UK keyboard? - Similar Threads - remove English keyboard

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  5. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  8. How to remove UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove UK keyboard?: Hi! I am facing a little problem lately. I am using Windows 10 Pro and I have 2 languages for typing. EnglishUS and Bulgarian. But in the taskbar, where you change the languages, there is an EnglishUK keyboard. When that happens I go to the settings to remove it but there...
  9. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942