Windows 10: How to remove entry's from startup

Discus and support How to remove entry's from startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sea skimmer, Nov 28, 2017.

1. How to remove entry's from startup

Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile

:)

sea skimmer, Nov 28, 2017

2. How do I stop ActiveSync 4.5 from running when it feels like it?

It appears to work ok, but when I've finished, I can't find a way to exit. I use Windows Defender (tools) to remove the running jobs and the entry in startup - and it goes away. A few minutes later it has started again, and it also has put an entry for
    itself in the startup jobs! I remove it again from running and startup, only to find a few minutes later that it has started again and placed an entry in the startup jobs! I have to keep removing it! How do I stop this without un-installing it and re-installing
    it when I need it?

Stewart Campbell, Nov 28, 2017
  3. windows startup issue .vbs script autorun

The startup entry was added by Malware, but the executable seems to have been removed or quarantined by your anti-virus. Open Task Manager > Startup tab and disable "Microsoft Windows Based Scripting Host" entry from startup.

Follow up with a thorough scan using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware &
    Junkware Removal Tool.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 28, 2017
  4. How to remove entry's from startup

FreeBooter, Nov 28, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  6. Thank's to both of you,these two examples worked perfect *Biggrin

sea skimmer, Nov 28, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to remove entry's from startup

1. How to remove entry's from startup - Similar Threads - remove entry's startup

2. How to remove broken entries from default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove broken entries from default apps: The keywords are unfortunate and didn't lead to relevant results, just posts trying to remove the default Microsoft apps. I'm trying to remove dead entries that don't work from the default apps settings. Does a method exist?...
  3. How to remove broken entries from default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove broken entries from default apps: The keywords are unfortunate and didn't lead to relevant results, just posts trying to remove the default Microsoft apps. I'm trying to remove dead entries that don't work from the default apps settings. Does a method exist?...
  4. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  5. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  6. Remove From Startup . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove From Startup . . .: My computer, is a. Dell, laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I love Google Chrome. But, I clicked on "unpin" from my taskbar. And, it was gone. So, I thought I'll just, uninstall and re-install, it. So, I went to the "Control Panel", Uninstall. Right click, uninstall, Google...
  7. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved: Hi folks If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply from start menu -->run-->msconfig then from the popup choose the boot tab change default or delete etc. Much easier than mucking around...
  8. Uknown Startup entry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Uknown Startup entry: Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm troubled with the following entry in the startup of my Windows 10 Pro x64: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce] "Uninstall...
  9. How to remove entries from current boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove entries from current boot menu: I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ? Thanks....TiminAz 36496
  10. Remove entries from 'Open With'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove entries from 'Open With'?: What is the easiest way to remove unwanted entries from the list that appears after right clicking a file and choosing Open With please? I have added successive versions of a program but don't see a simple 'Remove' option. Terry, East Grinstead, UK 99242

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Delete the *. vbs entry which shows up on your startup.