Windows 10: How to: remove Explorer tabs, add Search in Start, expand Start menu

Discus and support How to: remove Explorer tabs, add Search in Start, expand Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have three customization inquires (Win10Pro x64 1909): 1. After removing the ribbon with RibbonDisabler some other options appear in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noob0225, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Noob0225 Win User

How to: remove Explorer tabs, add Search in Start, expand Start menu

Hello,

I have three customization inquires (Win10Pro x64 1909):

1. After removing the ribbon with RibbonDisabler some other options appear in the Explorer page.

They change from the type of folder, but they are like the ones below: Organize, System properties, etc.

How to: remove Explorer tabs, add Search in Start, expand Start menu [​IMG]

They seem to be related to right click context menus. I've tried removing Give access to that is present both in the top bar and the right click menu, but only the menu one was removed.

Removed the right click menu with this method:
    Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10

On Win7 there seems to be a solution, but haven't found one for Win10:
    Remove the 'organize, include in library, new folder' bar in windows 7 Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

How can they be removed?

2. Upgraded recently from an older Win10 version, one that had Cortana in the Start menu.
    I can add a search bar or a search icon in the taskbar, but can't add it to the Start menu.
    Can't Pin to Start.
    Don't want Cortana necessarily, just Search, but in the Start menu.

Is this possible in 1909?

3. How to expand the Start menu horizontally to a custom size?
    If I drag it to the right (menu is on the left), it snaps back to where the tiles are. Only if the horizontal dimension is double to that of the tiles does it stay. But then it's too large.
    The tiles are expanded from Settings>Personalization>Start>Show more tiles on Start.

Thank you.

:)

Noob0225, Dec 17, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 17, 2019
  3. start menu expands, **** no - colapse!

The only changes you can make in the start menu are located under

Start->Settings->menus-> here you add or remove certain aplications.

Once added to the start menu they are removed from their current position.

Once removed from the start menu they will appaer in the Start-Programs folder.

Using the explorer you can copy and paste extra shortcut in the different folders in Windows/start menu/programs/

The Today item is not removable in the start menu

The recently used items are always gonna be there. This list is being cleared after a soft reset.

Johan van Mierlo, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to: remove Explorer tabs, add Search in Start, expand Start menu - Similar Threads - remove Explorer tabs

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering: Hello, When I open the start menu in Windows 10, I can expand the left tab of start menu labeled as "Start" by hovering mouse pointer. How can I disable this? It annoys me. Best Regards Parsa Mohammadi...
  5. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search, is it possible to remove?: Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n97e/start_menu_search_is_it_possible_to_remove/
  6. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  7. How to enable start menu auto-expand?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable start menu auto-expand?: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/15/windows-10-19h1-to-change-start-menus-navigation-pane-behaviour/ thanx in advance!...
  8. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  9. How to add stuff in Windows Start menu search?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add stuff in Windows Start menu search?: For example previously on Windows 10 I just used to type "CC" and CCleaner used to show up and I pressed enter. Now I open start menu, type CC and it shows all web results. How do I add a shortcut there? 9780
  10. How to expand/contract start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expand/contract start menu: Hi all. I was able to expand/contract the width and height of the statmenu. Now only height is expandable. I do NOT want full screen. The expand arrows show when I put cursor on right edge but am not able to "pull" edge to right to expand the size. Did the recent "major...